Windows 10: Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Discus and support Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my desktop computer goes into sleep mode (hybrid) it disconnects my Ethernet connection to the internet. Upon waking up the computer it will take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by old8088, Aug 9, 2018.

1. old8088 Win User

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

When my desktop computer goes into sleep mode (hybrid) it disconnects my Ethernet connection to the internet. Upon waking up the computer it will take 15 to 20 seconds for the computer to automatically reconnect my Ethernet connection. I've gone into "Network Adapters" in Device Manager and made sure that there was no check mark next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device" that does not help. I am not using a wireless connection (dual band wireless has been disabled). The connection is hard wired Ethernet. This is a brand new HP Windows 10 computer. Windows 10 states that I am using the most up to date Network Adapter drivers. I've seen this question posted many times dating way back, but I've never seen the answer posted. There has to be an answer.

:)

old8088, Aug 9, 2018
  2. AndrewCar Win User

No internet after connecting Home AV system Ethernet cable

Dell XPS8900 Desktop System works fine, then I connect the Ethernet from the PC to the new Home HiFi AV system (via Sonos S-Connect) After that I get no access to the internet. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable (and reboot?) I get internet again. If I
    connect the Ethernet cable after first establishing access to the internet, I get internet AND control of the Home HiFi AV system until the PC goes to sleep or is turned off, then no internet again. Any suggestions please. Regards

AndrewCar, Aug 9, 2018
  3. yeterp Win User
    Computer will not sleep when connected to internet.

My Dell desktop, running Windows 10, will not sleep if I am connected the the internet by Ethernet or WiFi. If I disconnect the Ethernet cable and WiFi it will sleep. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

yeterp, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie [​IMG]

Kari, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode Disconnects

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  4. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  5. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  6. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific Lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read/posted on ms forums (useless as always) for wake on magic...
  9. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read these ms forums for wake on magic packet/ EEE disabled/green...
  10. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet: Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting-ethernet/db290e53-a5db-49d6-840d-7c0987db2710