Windows 10: Sleep mode does not work after upgrade to 2004

Discus and support Sleep mode does not work after upgrade to 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded surface pro 3 to 2004 two months ago after wiping the system and since then sleep mode is not activated by closing the type cover or by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WaterGuy235, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Sleep mode does not work after upgrade to 2004

I upgraded surface pro 3 to 2004 two months ago after wiping the system and since then sleep mode is not activated by closing the type cover or by pressing the power button. And it does not stay in sleep mode when it is manually activated.

I installed 2004 before it was being pushed to Surface devices, but when i wiped the computer, i could not get 19H2 to install so i went through MS help and that's what i was given to install. So I thought this was a bug with the early versions and now this would be fixed. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

:)

WaterGuy235, Sep 26, 2020

2. sleep mode not working

Hi Ishmayel,

One of the possible causes why sleep mode is not working is due to a driver conflict. To rectify this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Sleep mode does not work after upgrade to 2004

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Sleep mode does not work after upgrade to 2004

1. Sleep mode does not work after upgrade to 2004 - Similar Threads - Sleep mode does

2. Windows 10 Sleep Mode does not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode does not work: My one year old HP laptop came with Windows10 pre-loaded and worked fine. It would 'sleep' if not used for 15 mins but has stopped doing so. I have reset the power settings without any effect. Please advise how to correct the problem. I am not an expert at software issues....
  3. SLEEP MODE NOT WORKING..IF

SLEEP MODE NOT WORKING..IF: after the 1909 update,my HP laptop sleep mode is not working.In sleep mode,my power button light is on and system will shut down.With the help of HP support forum,i checked for file errors using Microsoft tool in command mode and corrected it .It worked for a while and...
  4. search box does not work since the 2004 upgrade

in Cortana
    search box does not work since the 2004 upgrade: search box does not function since the 2004 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-does-not-work-since-the-2004-upgrade/afdc5c83-cd93-4dfa-8d06-c2404563fa70
  5. Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel turbo boost does not work after upgrading to Windows 10 2004: Hi, Just now my computer received the Windows 10 2004 update and I installed it. The original version is Windows 10 1909. Just after finishing the installation I notice that my Intel i9-9900K CPU does not turbo boost anymore. The maximum CPU frequency is locked to 3.6 GHz,...
  6. Sleep mode not working

Sleep mode not working: The problem: I have a Logitech K200 keyboard USB that since the 2004 update the sleep function key no longer works it reboots the machine. Looking in the Power Settings area shows no entries where the keyboard is mentioned....
  7. Keyboard does not work after entering sleep mode. Was Working until a microsoft update...

Keyboard does not work after entering sleep mode. Was Working until a microsoft update...: Hello everyone. I have a problem that I can't seem to fix. This happened when I was attempting to install a new monitor. I clumsily hit the cmos button on the back of my desktop. Had to reinstall windows through a USB. My keyboard wasn't working afterwards however I was...
  8. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...
  9. Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar does not work after waking from sleep mode: Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up again, most taskbar functions fail to work. I cannot access the start, wifi, volume, or action menus. I also cannot access the jump lists on my pinned icons. However, I can still open programs from the pinned icons....
  10. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode not working: A week ago stopped working from my normal 3 minute setting. The screen turns off after 3 min, pc remains on, but I have to push the start/shut off button to get the monitor on again. Can't think of what software I might have added that could cause this. My Phoenix BIOS...