Windows 10: Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

Discus and support Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DanRukavina, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move the mouse or click a key. Why doesn't the computer lock out like it used to with Windows 10? How do I lock the computer out now without using the "Sign out" option, which obviously closes all of my open windows?

:)

DanRukavina, Dec 3, 2023

2. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 3, 2023
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

My Win 10 computer does not goes into sleep mode

Hello comunity please help me with this issue

I have a Lenovo laptop with Win 10, since a couple of month ago, I´m having one issue, my computer doesn´t goes into sleep mode, when i click on sleep in the power options it seems to go into sleep, but it does it for a couple of minutes, and then the computer
    comes backs on.

Plesa help me, I don´t know what to do, I use sleep mode alot

JaimeSifontes, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

1. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode doesn't

2. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  3. Computer works and doesn't react during sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer works and doesn't react during sleep mode: Hello!I tried to fix performance problems on my laptop yesterday. The things I did:- Changed visualisation settings to best performance no see-through windows, pixel font and so on- Disabeled OneDrive synchronisation for 24 hours- Updated CCleaner- Installed some updated...
  4. Computer works and doesn't react while sleep mode

Computer works and doesn't react while sleep mode: Hello!I tried to fix performance problems on my laptop yesterday. The things I did:- Changed visualisation settings to best performance no see-through windows, pixel font and so on- Disabeled OneDrive synchronisation for 24 hours- Updated CCleaner- Installed some updated...
  5. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to: This has been happening for about a week. version is 2004 build 19041.423 powercfg -requests shows: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  7. Computer sleep but not sleep mode

Computer sleep but not sleep mode: I discovered this after I left a semi-intensive program running overnight after a certain amount of time maybe 15 mins I'm not sure, my computer would freeze the program. No warning no error message but after some testing it appeared to have gone into some sort of power...
  8. Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't lock upon sleep: I've had this issue for a while. While my computer goes to sleep, when I wake it, it doesn't prompt for pin/require Windows Hello, but instead is right back to the desktop. Locking the computer manually (Windows key + L) works and it works during a reboot, but not during a...
  9. My computer is locked up. It is black and in the sleep mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is locked up. It is black and in the sleep mode.: I opened my computer and typed my password and then I got a message that they would text me at a phone number that I never had to make sure I was who I said I was. And when I responded they said I had to go to another computer and put in this mile long number to open my...
  10. sleep mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode doesn't work: since a few days after having downloaded the last update, sleep mode as i point it doesnt 'remain as sleep i mean the monitor shut down but restart after a few minutes my platform is windows 10 home 95570