Windows 10: Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

Discus and support Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Dec 2, 2018.

1. arjfca Win User

Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

Hello,

I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by mouse, keyboard or from external poke from Teamviewer.

What can I modify to let it cool down without a fan an keep house quiet while not much need to be done.

Martin *Sleep

:)

arjfca, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Calscsi Win User

Fan starts at boot, but does not restart after sleep mode

I have been using a Toshiba Satellite L655D as a test bed for Windows 10 and I am having fan issues. When I boot the laptop the fan starts in what I would call max mode and stays there. When the machine comes out of sleep mode the fan does not start.
    The Toshiba PC Health utility shows the fan at 90%, but it is not spinning.

Any settings or drivers I may be overlooking to address this issue? Thanks.

Calscsi, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Every time my laptop comes out of sleep mode the fan starts on turbo and doesn't stop until I restart.

I need help!!

On downloading Windows 10 every time my laptop comes out of sleep mode the fan starts on turbo and doesn't stop until I restart.

StephenGeeNZ, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

1. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop - Similar Threads - Sleep mode Fan

2. Fan doesn't start when turn on from sleep mode windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan doesn't start when turn on from sleep mode windows 11.: Hi. I have a device from asus tuf which has i7 11800h processor in it. It is running on windows 11 from the beginning, but recently i discovered that the fan is not starting after i turn it on back from sleep mode, i need to restart it over to turn the fan on, This process...
  3. Fan doesn't start when turn on from sleep mode windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan doesn't start when turn on from sleep mode windows 11.: Hi. I have a device from asus tuf which has i7 11800h processor in it. It is running on windows 11 from the beginning, but recently i discovered that the fan is not starting after i turn it on back from sleep mode, i need to restart it over to turn the fan on, This process...
  4. fan stops working after it wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fan stops working after it wakes from sleep: I have asus f17 laptop and my fan isint working when i wake it up from sleep.I have to restart it when this happens.The fan again works as normal after restart...
  5. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  6. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  7. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.: Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan...
  9. Fans Run after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fans Run after sleep mode: Hi, is it normal in Windows 10 for a laptop fan to still run after putting the device to sleep? This is using the power button or sleep button from the start menu. This is on a Dell 5520 and an XPS 7390, does anyone happen to know? Also is it possible to see what could...
  10. Cooling Fan starts and the stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cooling Fan starts and the stop: I have recently encountered the problem that my cooling fan starts for some seconds and then turns off. Due to overheating laptop shows BSOD errors like Kernel Security exception Failure, Kmode thread not handled etc. I am not getting what the exact problem is. Is it with fan...