Windows 10: Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

Discus and support Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Dec 2, 2018.

1. arjfca Win User

Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

Hello,

I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by mouse, keyboard or from external poke from Teamviewer.

What can I modify to let it cool down without a fan an keep house quiet while not much need to be done.

Martin *Sleep

:)

arjfca, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Calscsi Win User

Fan starts at boot, but does not restart after sleep mode

I have been using a Toshiba Satellite L655D as a test bed for Windows 10 and I am having fan issues. When I boot the laptop the fan starts in what I would call max mode and stays there. When the machine comes out of sleep mode the fan does not start.
    The Toshiba PC Health utility shows the fan at 90%, but it is not spinning.

Any settings or drivers I may be overlooking to address this issue? Thanks.

Calscsi, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Every time my laptop comes out of sleep mode the fan starts on turbo and doesn't stop until I restart.

I need help!!

On downloading Windows 10 every time my laptop comes out of sleep mode the fan starts on turbo and doesn't stop until I restart.

StephenGeeNZ, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

1. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop - Similar Threads - Sleep mode Fan

2. Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode: My Laptop with windows 10 Not Waking Up from Sleep Mode. I need you to wake up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode/0942eceb-4881-4d0a-a2da-e3aa58b1ddbb"
  3. Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode: I have 2 computer with Windows 10 and I put them to sleep before I go to bed and every morning when I get up they are awake? In the power option I put my monitor to sleep after 30 minutes and my computer to sleep after 3 hours but before I go to bed I manually put them to...
  4. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode: My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is a black screen. I've tried switching...
  5. Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode

Services stopping when computer goes into Sleep Mode: I recently upgraded all clients in my office to Windows 10. I have had issues with one client stopping a service when in Sleep mode. The service is for EDI integration. The problem is that once the user is back in, the service shows that it is running, however it is not....
  6. Cooling Fan starts and the stop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cooling Fan starts and the stop: I have recently encountered the problem that my cooling fan starts for some seconds and then turns off. Due to overheating laptop shows BSOD errors like Kernel Security exception Failure, Kmode thread not handled etc. I am not getting what the exact problem is. Is it with fan...
  7. Touchpad stops working after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad stops working after sleep mode: After my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop wakes up from sleep mode, the touchpad doesn't work. The touchpad enable button won't work, the touchpad only functioning after I restart my laptop. I already updated my drivers and reinstalled them....
  8. Windows 10 keeps starting in flight mode!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 keeps starting in flight mode!: Windows 10 keeps starting in flight mode! Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you in advance. 31769
  9. Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode: I have just got a new HP laptop, running on Creators update. I have all the same power settings as my old laptop, ie sleep after 10 minutes. The problem is that when I leave it for 20 minutes, the screen etc has gone to sleep, but I have to log in again to make it work....
  10. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.: Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on...