Windows 10: Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

Discus and support Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello.. I did this turned off the "quick start" and got my startup sound *Smile.. question... why will Windows 10.. not come out of an/a Sleep mode?..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJBrian732, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

hello.. I did this turned off the "quick start" and got my startup sound *Smile..
    question... why will Windows 10.. not come out of an/a Sleep mode?.. meaning... I close the lid of my laptop... (Dell XPS L1502) see the XPS light go into a sleep mode ( the xps light slowly blinks on and off.. indication sleep).. but when I open the lid.. even tho the keyboard wakes up.. the display is blank.. (dark) I have to hold down the power button.. to turn off the laptop completely and re-boot.... is there a fix for this? or ?????
    I haven't tried it w/the quick start turned off.. yet..... would like a answer first... thanks in advance..
    Brian

:)

DJBrian732, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode

Hi!

Probably still setting up or my 64 bit laptop always takes a long to shutdown. Hard shutdown you may not boot. Can or have you powered on again?

Teddy2016, Aug 19, 2015
  3. I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, and now it won't shutdown properly.

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode from power options.

Here is what happens:

• Start menu > Power > Shut down
    • It exits windows and apparently turns off (black screen)
    • The power lights are still on and my computer apparently doesn't shutdown.

Muhammad AleemHashmi, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

1. Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off) - Similar Threads - Sleep mode quick

2. Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode): Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows...
  3. Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?: Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor. Thus, every time...
  4. How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to DISABLE (not just turn off) sleep mode: To make it clear I want the pc to be incapable of sleep mode even if it is selected in the power settings. IE sleep after x minutes is selected the PC should still NOT go into sleep mode. Even if a command is issued to go into sleep mode it should return an error....
  5. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....
  6. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...
  7. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: If anyone wants to see the difference in their boot times before and after go to THIS POST and download the Event Viewer custom view I created. I was helping someone 2 weeks ago and created it for him. And today I'm still preparing both my PC's for Win10 and imported my...
  8. Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10: Thanks for this, A few thoughts that would make this much better for me Remove the taskbar, if running in full screen tablet mode this is not needed (8 style app switcher is easier with touch than clicking the taskbar) disable the minimize buttons, after using this it...
  9. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10: I resolved my issue by unplugging my USB cable from my UPS battery and restarting. Once I did this, airplane mode disappeared from my system. I'm guessing something monitoring power levels caused Windows 10 (in my case, the UPS battery monitoring) to activate airplane...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: Worth a watch. LfoJO_eThTY 75936