Windows 10: Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

Discus and support Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello.. I did this turned off the "quick start" and got my startup sound *Smile.. question... why will Windows 10.. not come out of an/a Sleep mode?..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJBrian732, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

hello.. I did this turned off the "quick start" and got my startup sound *Smile..
    question... why will Windows 10.. not come out of an/a Sleep mode?.. meaning... I close the lid of my laptop... (Dell XPS L1502) see the XPS light go into a sleep mode ( the xps light slowly blinks on and off.. indication sleep).. but when I open the lid.. even tho the keyboard wakes up.. the display is blank.. (dark) I have to hold down the power button.. to turn off the laptop completely and re-boot.... is there a fix for this? or ?????
    I haven't tried it w/the quick start turned off.. yet..... would like a answer first... thanks in advance..
    Brian

:)

DJBrian732, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode

Hi!

Probably still setting up or my 64 bit laptop always takes a long to shutdown. Hard shutdown you may not boot. Can or have you powered on again?

Teddy2016, Aug 19, 2015
  3. I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10, and now it won't shutdown properly.

I have turned off fast startup and sleep mode from power options.

Here is what happens:

• Start menu > Power > Shut down
    • It exits windows and apparently turns off (black screen)
    • The power lights are still on and my computer apparently doesn't shutdown.

Muhammad AleemHashmi, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off)

1. Sleep mode in Windows 10 (with quick startup turned off) - Similar Threads - Sleep mode quick

2. Stop Turning Off Wi-fi in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Turning Off Wi-fi in Sleep Mode: It started with the update to 11. It takes minutes to get the wi-fi running again from sleep mode, nevermind how urgently I need to connect. All advice online says to find the power management tab in the device manager but there is no such tab. Fix this?...
  3. Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Connection Turning Off After Sleep Mode Windows 10: Hello I'm trying to solve a problem with a desktop computer's internet connection turning off when put into sleep mode. The computer has a wired/lan internet connection. When the user wakes the computer, it takes 30 seconds or so to reconnect. He has tried the steps in this...
  4. Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode: I would like to know how, if it is possible, to have Windows 10 turn off Bluetooth when I send the computer to sleep by closing the lid. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use with both my laptop and with my mobile. When I am finished using my laptop and put it in...
  5. Issues with turning off display and sleep mode

Issues with turning off display and sleep mode: Hi I have a brand new Asus VivoBook laptop and the display is not turning off and the computer is not going to sleep for the times I've set. I've tried the Power troubleshooter, restoring Balanced plan to defaults, and turning off fast start up with no success. The screen...
  6. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. Sleep mode turn off my keyboard

Sleep mode turn off my keyboard: When my pc has been in sleep/hibernate for a couple of hours i can press my keyboard to wake up but when it comes to the login screen the keyboard turns off and i have to unplug and replug for it to work again?...
  8. Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode): Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows...
  9. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....
  10. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...