Windows 10: Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

Discus and support Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wmx191, Aug 4, 2016.

1. wmx191 Win User

Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be.
    What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on the keyboard or trying to turn the monitor on won't wake them up.

And what's weird, that when I hold the shut down button to turn it off and then on again, it would act as if it is waking up from sleep mode. I made sure to install all the drivers, but I don't know what I am missing.

:)

wmx191, Aug 4, 2016

2. My Computer will not shutdown properly. (Windows 10)

My computer will not shut down or enter sleep mode properly. After selecting shutdown option my screen will go black, All usb ports drop power but my fans stay on and continue to stay on unless I hold the power button. Same for sleep mode since it does not
    want to wake up. I have done everything on the internet and I am getting nowhere.

Kyle Skinner, Aug 4, 2016
  3. rtbt Win User
    Windows 10: SLEEP MODE suddenly stopped working

Hi Michael:

Appreciate the advice, but for unknown reasons, the problem is resolved.

• As I stated before, Sleep Mode worked fairly reliable for at least 2 years.
    • I made no changes to my settings and about 3 days ago it stopped working.
    • Even after multiple reboots, sleep mode would not operate properly for the past 3 days.
    • About 2 hours after I uploaded my post, Sleep Mode started working perfectly.
      Why? I didn't change anything.

These are the kinds of software issues which drive me crazy. I didn't make any changes to the system and Sleep Mode stopped working for 3 days. I didn't make any changes to the system, yet after 3 days, Sleep Mode is once again working properly.

How does one explain this type of bizarre result?

rtbt, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

1. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy. - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode working

2. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  3. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  4. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  6. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  7. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. sleep mode not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep mode not working properly: i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-properly/f784333e-6b82-4044-bef3-d41ebe4e091d
  9. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  10. pc crashes and my gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashes and my gpu fans go crazy: I have had this problem for a while now and I seem to have tried to fix it every single way possible wirhout buying a new gpu or cpu. What happens is that my computer would be running fine and not overheating. Then it would crash to a black screen where I would have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu spins fan when windows go to sleep