Windows 10: Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

Discus and support Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wmx191, Aug 4, 2016.

1. wmx191 Win User

Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be.
    What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on the keyboard or trying to turn the monitor on won't wake them up.

And what's weird, that when I hold the shut down button to turn it off and then on again, it would act as if it is waking up from sleep mode. I made sure to install all the drivers, but I don't know what I am missing.

:)

wmx191, Aug 4, 2016

2. My Computer will not shutdown properly. (Windows 10)

My computer will not shut down or enter sleep mode properly. After selecting shutdown option my screen will go black, All usb ports drop power but my fans stay on and continue to stay on unless I hold the power button. Same for sleep mode since it does not
    want to wake up. I have done everything on the internet and I am getting nowhere.

Kyle Skinner, Aug 4, 2016
  3. rtbt Win User
    Windows 10: SLEEP MODE suddenly stopped working

Hi Michael:

Appreciate the advice, but for unknown reasons, the problem is resolved.

• As I stated before, Sleep Mode worked fairly reliable for at least 2 years.
    • I made no changes to my settings and about 3 days ago it stopped working.
    • Even after multiple reboots, sleep mode would not operate properly for the past 3 days.
    • About 2 hours after I uploaded my post, Sleep Mode started working perfectly.
      Why? I didn't change anything.

These are the kinds of software issues which drive me crazy. I didn't make any changes to the system and Sleep Mode stopped working for 3 days. I didn't make any changes to the system, yet after 3 days, Sleep Mode is once again working properly.

How does one explain this type of bizarre result?

rtbt, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

1. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy. - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode working

2. Crazy fan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crazy fan: Hi our office ladies computer booted and did something weird yesterday, then today we tried to boot it, got to the windows startup page, then black screen and the fan revved up to the point where we thought it might blow. Because it booted until the startup page, that means...
  3. 365 going crazy

in Microsoft Office and 365
    365 going crazy: Recently, I have been unable to access my files without "signing in." When I click on "Sign in" I get a box asking me to insert my phone # or email. I am intermittently unable to type in the space provided. Should I chance to hit it just right, I then get a message that I...
  4. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop: Hello, I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by mouse, keyboard or from external poke from Teamviewer. What can I modify to let it cool down without a fan an keep house...
  5. Devices going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices going crazy: Hello all, Yesterday I've tried to plug in my Game pad and play some games but... I've figured out that my Game pad is recognized as a Mouse. I would like to mention that 1 month ago (last time I've used it) I didn't have any issue. Also I would like to mention that Devices...
  6. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  7. SCVHOST GOING CRAZY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCVHOST GOING CRAZY: Please help me, I really hate scvhost it makes my gaming experience become lag it consumes a lot of internet connection and consume more priority than my dota2. some people say its windows update, but ive downloaded all of the update, please help me to permanently kill...
  8. Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not entering sleep properly,- fan spin and led lights on.: Got an issue, sometimes when entering sleep mode windows and the pc (intel nuc) continue the normal procedure but seems to miss the last step. Instead of turning off the power button led it stays on, also the fan spins. Then the only way to turn it on is to hold in the power...
  9. Cursor is going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is going crazy: My cursor is flying all over the screen and there is a ghost cicle on the edge that is pulsing. When i have shut fown its okay gor a little bit the starts up again...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation: I have a similar issue where my PC will NOT turn off my screens after the default time I set. I can set it again and it works for a bit, then it quits working. Try setting up your sleep timers and all again. See if it works then.