Windows 10: Sleep mode issue

Discus and support Sleep mode issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turn my laptop into sleep mode, it goes into sleep mode, but after some time it is automatically getting shut down. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sagar90708, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Sleep mode issue

When I turn my laptop into sleep mode, it goes into sleep mode, but after some time it is automatically getting shut down.

Why?

:)

Sagar90708, Feb 10, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Sleep mode issue

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Sleep mode issue

1. Sleep mode issue - Similar Threads - Sleep mode issue

2. Issues with Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Sleep mode: I have had constant issues with sleep mode on my New HP Envy Desktop that came with Windows 11 preloaded. Sleep mode starts just fine, but after about 10 minutes, I get a message from my monitor that there is no video input The monitor is an HP 27" When I move the mouse, the...
  3. Issues with Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Sleep mode: I have had constant issues with sleep mode on my New HP Envy Desktop that came with Windows 11 preloaded. Sleep mode starts just fine, but after about 10 minutes, I get a message from my monitor that there is no video input The monitor is an HP 27" When I move the mouse, the...
  4. Sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode issues: So I don't know what is causing this particular issue, and am not really finding any good answers for it when I search.I was forced to do a clean install of Windows when my previous boot drive had a critical failure and basically bricked. So I bought a brand new drive Samsung...
  5. Sleep Mode Issue

Sleep Mode Issue: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Is there a way to determine what the computer is doing after it enters sleep mode? After computer enters sleep mode, system sounds are heard periodically ongoing every several minutes that indicates the computer is doing something. These system sounds...
  6. Sleep Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode Issue: After installing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 computer and monitor will not go into sleep mode. Checked the Power & Sleep settings and they are set will values. Any suggestions?...
  7. sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    sleep mode issue: My system, that is Windows 10 Education, v. 1903 will not go to sleep. I found out that in the morning my PC is powered on. I checked sleep settings and they are configured and the system should go to sleep in one hour of inactivity. What is your recommendation?...
  8. sleep mode issues

sleep mode issues: I have all of my settings for sleep mode to not cause the pc to sleep at all. It still goes into sleep mode and still won't wake up when I push any buttons or the touchpad. Any advice?...
  9. Sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep mode issue: Recently I have noticed that after I have put my pc into sleep, it's waking up on it's own... It's kind of weird problem for me! Another problem is that I am seeing a box on the sound bar and performance bar on battery section on the taskbar.. Why I am seeing those issues?...
  10. sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    sleep mode issue: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my HP Envy machine after that the laptop has been having an issue with a sleep mode. After I turn it on, I don’t see any problems because it goes to sleep with flashing lights and I can wake it up with keyboard or touchpad. However, after an...