Windows 10: Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

Discus and support Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am facing a problem of automatically my pc is going to Lock screen when I am not using my laptop for 1 minute After that I want to open my lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by saitejakesa, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

I am facing a problem of automatically my pc is going to Lock screen when I am not using my laptop for 1 minute

After that I want to open my lock screen with password and I should continue my work this is very irritating and I cannot proceed my work speedily and I changed many sleep settings and lock screen settings but there is no solution to my problem. Please give the solution to my problem

:)

saitejakesa, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jun 5, 2019
  3. lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 5, 2019
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue

1. Sleep Mode Lock Screen Isuue - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode Lock

2. Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode: Hi, Could you please help me with my keyboard? After a while, it's Shift button (left) & 6,7,8,9 buttons when hit the laptop will be enter to Sleep Mode. I use Windows 10. Any suggestions for normalized these buttons? Thanks....
  3. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  4. Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode: Hi Microsoft, There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no longer unlock Windows despite correct password. I checked online and many mentioned it is a common Microsoft log-in bug, but I...
  5. isuue on camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    isuue on camera: I am using windows 10, my camera not working when I open camera it display black and white camera image with a cross mark.how to solve this pls help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/isuue-on-camera/a9957663-3b95-447f-a00a-2c8a40f11485
  6. PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock: I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.) Since I am at work I always lock the...
  7. Bypass lock screen after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass lock screen after sleep: New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds. Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box Power Options: there are no references to...
  8. no sleep option in lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    no sleep option in lock screen: sorry if this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything about a missing sleep option from the lock screen, only a shut down option. i recently had to reinstall windows 10 (home), and since i've reinstalled, i've lost my sleep option from the lock screen. i can...
  9. When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.: I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again. 1. I lock my screen 2. after i lock it, it brings me to my...
  10. Screen flicker and Sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flicker and Sleep mode issues: Hi, If I'm using battery power, my screen flickers, then goes fuzzy then comes back to normal on a cycle. If I use mains this problem doesn't occur. When on mains power, if my screen goes into energy saver mode it won't wake up again. If I put my laptop into sleep mode...