Windows 10: Sleep mode/Microphone Problem

Discus and support Sleep mode/Microphone Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; every time I do get into sleep mode with my laptop it turns off my microphone Can you please fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SammyOmane, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Sleep mode/Microphone Problem

every time I do get into sleep mode with my laptop it turns off my microphone Can you please fix it?

:)

SammyOmane, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Internal Microphone in Laptop and Sleep mode issues after windows 10

Hi Sharmarke,

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

You could face this issue when the Microphone is not getting detected by the Operating System. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Even though you have enabled the Microphone, I suggest you to set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2:
    Adjust the input level if you have difficulty recording. Click Properties, and then click on Levels.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the driver from manufacturer's website.

Updating drivers always do not work, let us try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the Sound, video and game controller driver.

Step 1: Follow the step given below to uninstall the
    Sound, video and game controller drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2: Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

You can also refer to the steps given in the link given below. Please select the correct model number.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Try the additional steps given in the link below. The step are almost same for Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Resolving microphone problems (Windows 8)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03421813

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.
    This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows

Issue 2: This could be an issue with the corrupt power plan settings. This issue might also occur due to outdated display driver or some other devices are responsible to keep it
    awake.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Pinaki Mohanty replied on October 29, 2013.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ode-does/2b3f4b49-5645-40fb-810b-5bed4eb6e412

Let us know the status of the issue. We will help you further.

Arul_D, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Sleep mode/Microphone Problem

Problem with SLEEP mode

I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

jonestheword, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Sleep mode/Microphone Problem

1. Sleep mode/Microphone Problem - Similar Threads - Sleep mode Microphone

2. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode problem: When I went to sleep mode my mobile hotspot and ethernetvwill stop working as well. What should I do to make it work on sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/cb9c1211-8dbd-470e-9be5-6194d1599f44
  3. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode problem: When I close the lid of my laptop, the computer does not go to sleep mode. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/e2662a4b-a99c-47cb-a22c-1ffaa338c158
  4. problem with sleep mode

problem with sleep mode: When I put my device to sleep and press the power button again, it always freezes on black screen and i have to hard-shutdown it , or it restarts the windows. note: I have this problem after updating to version 1903...
  5. Problems with sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with sleep mode: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my PC won't go to sleep automatically. I've tried a number of different things, which don't seem to help. I have sleep at 30 minutes, I've run the power troubleshooter. I've checked in device manager, gone through and made sure all the...
  6. Problem with Sleep Mode

Problem with Sleep Mode: When I activate the sleep mode the screen turn off, but some minutes later when I try to turn on the laptop and the laptop don't turn on, so I start to touch all the keys but the screen keep turn off and the laptop is still on....
  7. sleep mode problems

sleep mode problems: why sleep mode didn't work when I connect external mouse and keyboard even when I force it to sleep, it wakes up again but when I disconnect, it works well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problems/658ec50b-5c90-4dd6-8ca8-0ca980c5de2d
  8. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode problem: Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing happens. How can I do it?. the only thing I can do is switch it off and then it starts up in administrator mode and I have a job to...
  9. Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Problem: When entering sleep mode, my computer displays a gray screen. Does anyone know why? 6952
  10. Problem with SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with SLEEP mode: I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7. Any ideas or suggestions please? 31439

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb microphone goes to sleep when laptop is on battery

2. microphone audio stream sleep

3. can the sleep mode for microphone be adjusted?

4. MICROPHONE sleep settings