Windows 10: Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.

Discus and support Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just updated my one-year-old 64-bit (Gigabyte board / Intel i5 processor) Windows 10 system with the Anniversary Update. Everything seems to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tallboy, Sep 25, 2016.

1. tallboy Win User

Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.

I've just updated my one-year-old 64-bit (Gigabyte board / Intel i5 processor) Windows 10 system with the Anniversary Update. Everything seems to work OK (fortunately) apart from the Sleep Mode. I have an SSD for the Windows system disk / programs and a HDD for data storage.

Previously, if you put the system in Sleep mode, everything stopped (screen, mouse scanning light, system fans etc.) and came back to life when you moved the mouse or lightly touched the power on button. Now everything stops apart from the fans, which stay 'whirring' as normal. However, when you try to wake the system up (By moving the mouse or touching the power button), the PC doesn't respond. The only way to get it going again is to switch it off entirely and re-start it.
    Oddly enough, Hibernate works as it should do; mouse movement restarts the system, apart from the fact that occasionally PC jumps back into life itself.

Anyone any ideas how I fix this annoying bug - or how I report it to Microsoft? Thanks.

:)

tallboy, Sep 25, 2016
  2. TomDufour Win User

Windows 10

Windows 10 AU made my computer almost unusable. When i reboot or it comes out of sleep mode it takes 10 minutes to become functional.

TomDufour, Sep 25, 2016
  3. TomDufour Win User
    Windows 10

Windows 10 AU has made my computer almost unusable. Every time I have to reboot or wake up from sleep mode it takes 10 minutes before the computer becomes functional. This has to be fixed.

TomDufour, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.

1. Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install. - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode fully

2. Win10 sleep mode not functional

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 sleep mode not functional: Does anyone have a utility that will make a Win10 pc go into sleep mode similar to what the Win10 command Start- >Power->Sleep purportedly does ? The Win10 function would be fine if it worked. . . but it doesn't. I've done 4 rather lengthy procedures that are on the forums,...
  3. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10: HelloCouple of days ago I decided to go and try to create a dual boot setup Windows 10 + Ubuntu for my PC for work purposes. For some unknown reason, I could notinstall Ubuntu, but it would always crash during install giving a variety of errors. During this process, which...
  4. Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional: I had issues transfering files from my old PC to my new PC. So I put my old HDD with windows 10 OS in my new computer as a secondary drive. After I finished transfering the files. I put my old HDD back in my old PC. Now it's not working properly. It will boot the OS but I...
  5. Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode

Windows 10 rebooting after Sleep mode: Hello all! My ASUS X552LD laptop recently a week ago started rebooting after Sleep mode or Hibernation. This happens after Sleep mode is activated by pressing Power button, by accessing Windows Start Menu, or by closing the laptop's lid. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode

Windows 10 instalation and DISABLING sleep mode: Hi all Trying to install Windows 10 on system with 1,5 TB RAM ( yes a server with 4 CPUs ) but Windows trying to allocate HDD space even for sleep mode before installation. There is RAID0 with 1 TB capacity so i cant install it unless i provide more HDD space. let say im...
  7. PC sleep mode not functionning, ater installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

PC sleep mode not functionning, ater installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: When PC sleep is activate, I cannot reset and sign in. I must reset power. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sleep-mode-not-functionning-ater-installing/4e73a8e8-abcf-4b62-9c06-a2f71a454373
  8. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad suddenly not fully functional: My touchpad works, but the two finger scroll up and down is not working anymore. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-suddenly-not-fully-functional/9a010716-8e87-41a3-bd48-1dbfcffedb48
  9. AU downloaded but not installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AU downloaded but not installed: It now has happened on two of my computers. Via Windows Update the AU has been downloaded but not installed. Both just installed the updates for 1511 but the AU still remains. A third computer did install the AU, the fourth is sitting idle so not sure what it will do when I...
  10. Unable to install AU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install AU: Well this has got me stumped. I am trying to clean install 10 pro 1607 on a lenovo amd10 z50-75. I am installing as uefi, using usb flash drive created with iso from media creation tool. Everything goes fine and get to the oobe selection and I select all the stuff...