Windows 10: Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why?

Discus and support Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can anyone explain to me why the "Sleep mode not working on Windows10" topic has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fabby-O, May 11, 2021.

1. Fabby-O Win User

Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why?

Can anyone explain to me why the "Sleep mode not working on Windows10" topic has been locked?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-on-windows10/3e2e5dc6-d8b1-42d4-978b-416133ac3ef5I would like to confirm that the last post there by ErikParn is exactly correct: Windows Update is the culprit, preventing my new laptop from entering sleep mode.Wouldn't it be useful for others to confirm this too? What possible justification does Microsoft have for locking such an important thread?Time to pull your heads out of the sand guys.

:)

Fabby-O, May 11, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 11, 2021
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, May 11, 2021
  4. Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why?

sleep mode not working

Hi Ishmayel,

One of the possible causes why sleep mode is not working is due to a driver conflict. To rectify this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why?

1. Sleep mode not working on Windows10 thread locked: Why? - Similar Threads - Sleep mode working

2. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  3. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  4. Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Does Cmd Prompt Stop Working When Locked/Sleep Mode?: Well I make discord bots quite often, and up until i recently updated my pc about a month ago CMD prompt seems to just stop working when PC is locked / goes to sleep. This has never happened before, and ive been doing this for more than a year. Is this just a setting that...
  5. Sleep mode has stopped working on Windows10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode has stopped working on Windows10: 3 weeksago I had a crash problem in the laptop product name Sony laptop SVS15136PGB. The system did not recover after an automatic restart. After that thelaptop was repaired by a professional and it was found during repairing thatthe problem was caused by a faulty disk. The...
  6. Sleep mode not working on Windows10

Sleep mode not working on Windows10: Hi, I have a year-old HP laptop which came preloaded with Windows 10. Recently its 'sleep' mode has stopped working and the computer remains running even when not in use. I have reset the power settings to 15 mins but it still keeps running. Please advise how I can cure...
  7. Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode: [IMG] My laptop shows this screen continuesly going to sleep mood. How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-shows-locking-and-go-to-sleep-mode/703c66e5-b9c8-454e-9a8b-8e02ec603b0c
  8. Sleep mode not locking laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode not locking laptop?: When I hit 'sleep' mode on my keyboard or I press the power button on my laptop so it temporary locks, it doesn't actually locks/temporary shuts. It just makes the screen go black and you can 'unlock' the laptop just by pressing any key or moving the mouse. I'm pissed. What...
  9. Laptop3 - Windows10. Sleep mode not working

Laptop3 - Windows10. Sleep mode not working: Hi there, When i press the power button/close the lid, windows goes to sleep mode. if i press the power button again/open the lid within 10 sec, it works normally. But if i press the power button again/open the lid over 10 sec, there is a blue screen and then windows...
  10. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d