Windows 10: sleep mode not working properly

Discus and support sleep mode not working properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by affanahmed3, Apr 24, 2022.

1. sleep mode not working properly

i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid

:)

affanahmed3, Apr 24, 2022

2. sleep mode not working

Hi Ishmayel,

One of the possible causes why sleep mode is not working is due to a driver conflict. To rectify this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Apr 24, 2022
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 24, 2022
  4. sleep mode not working properly

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

sleep mode not working properly

1. sleep mode not working properly - Similar Threads - sleep mode working

2. Sleep does Not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does Not work properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  3. Sleep is not working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep is not working Properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  4. Sleep is not working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep is not working Properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  5. Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode: When, I do have laptop connected to power brick everything works just fine. But when it works on its battery weird things starts to happen. The most annoying thing I'm seeking help for is that when I turn on saving battery mode, and close the laptop screen=put it in sleep....
  6. Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode not working properly when in save battery mode: When, I do have laptop connected to power brick everything works just fine. But when it works on its battery weird things starts to happen. The most annoying thing I'm seeking help for is that when I turn on saving battery mode, and close the laptop screen=put it in sleep....
  7. sleep mode not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode not working properly: i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-properly/f784333e-6b82-4044-bef3-d41ebe4e091d
  8. sleep mode not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep mode not working properly: i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-properly/f784333e-6b82-4044-bef3-d41ebe4e091d
  9. Sleep mode and powering down not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode and powering down not working properly: So a few months ago I started having this problem with my desktop PC that I haven't been able to solve. What is happening is that whenever I try to set my computer to sleep mode or turn it off through the windows menu in the bottom left corner the computer acts odd. The...
  10. Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode is not working properly, gpu fans go crazy.: Hello, I did a clean install months ago, and since then, sleep mode isn't working as it's should be. What happens is that when I click "Sleep" my monitor, keyboard, and mouse would be turned off while pc is still working and my gpu fans would go crazy. And even clicking on...