Windows 10: sleep mode on my monitor and computer

Discus and support sleep mode on my monitor and computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my monitor is in sleep mode and I can not wake it up even though my computer seems to be awake but no display on monitor. I can not instruct my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LindaHolland3, Mar 19, 2020.

1. sleep mode on my monitor and computer

my monitor is in sleep mode and I can not wake it up even though my computer seems to be awake but no display on monitor. I can not instruct my computer to do anything since I can not get the monitor to display.

:)

LindaHolland3, Mar 19, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Larry3408 Win User
    Multiple Monitors Changing During Sleep Mode

My monitors change their assignments when my computer goes into sleep mode. Any suggestions as to how to keep this from happening?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Larry3408, Mar 19, 2020
  4. sleep mode on my monitor and computer

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

sleep mode on my monitor and computer

1. sleep mode on my monitor and computer - Similar Threads - sleep mode monitor

2. My monitor is stuck in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is stuck in sleep mode: So I use an older computer the HP ENVY 700-074 and yesterday my monitor would not work I'm not sure what to do at this point so plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-is-stuck-in-sleep-mode/1b4fcde6-4500-4bb0-8254-7652c9a3f8be
  3. My monitor is stuck in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor is stuck in sleep mode: So I use an older computer the HP ENVY 700-074 and yesterday my monitor would not work I'm not sure what to do at this point so plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-is-stuck-in-sleep-mode/1b4fcde6-4500-4bb0-8254-7652c9a3f8be
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  6. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer sleep but not sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer sleep but not sleep mode: I discovered this after I left a semi-intensive program running overnight after a certain amount of time maybe 15 mins I'm not sure, my computer would freeze the program. No warning no error message but after some testing it appeared to have gone into some sort of power...
  8. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  9. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  10. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...