Windows 10: Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

Discus and support Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rgatliff, Sep 19, 2017.

1. rgatliff Win User

Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514.

I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.* I turned on the monitor to see what it was running but only got a blank screen saying no computer was connected.* In less than a minute from when I heard it power up, it went back into sleep mode with the power lite flashing. * I know it was in sleep mode before I heard it power up because I came by the computer room a few hours earlier and the power lite was flashing in the dark room.
    Is this normal when a computer is in sleep mode and what was it doing?

:)

rgatliff, Sep 19, 2017
  2. MSuser89 Win User

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Sep 19, 2017
  3. feview Win User
    System restarts after Sleep mode in Windows 10.

I need help.i just figured this problem today. When i press sleep mode, when it wakes up it restarts the computer. Last week this wasnt a problem. When i used to press sleep mode, the laptop goes to sleep and when i wake it up all the apps are there. But
    now it restarts instead of waking up. I have window 10

feview, Sep 19, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

Gordon7, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Try3 Win User
    Gordon is correct.

Check your setting in -
    Start menu,
    Windows system,
    Control panel,
    [look in the upper-right & set View by to Small icons so you can see everything],
    Security & maintenance,
    click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the Maintenance heading,
    Change maintenance settings.

Now either
    1 Clear the checkbox for allowing it to wake up and change the time to one when your computer is habitually powered up,
    or
    2 Change the time to one when you are happy to let the computer wake up to run its maintenance procedures.

You must let these procedures run fairly regularly or you will find Windows components suddenly taking over almost all your CPU processing capability for days on end.
    • It will appear that Windows update is doing the resource hogging but it is in fact the whole maintenance task doing so.
    • I found a reference in Windows 8 that said automatic maintenance must be allowed to run every 15 days but there has been no clarification regarding Windows 10.
    • I make a point of allowing my maintenance task to run at least once a week and have not been troubled by this resource hogging since I started doing so.

Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode waking

2. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  3. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  4. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  5. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  6. Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode): I'm having some weird sleeping patterns in my sleep recently, I really need to set an alarm. So I was wondering, how do I set an alarm which plays during sleep mode? if not, how do I set up my PC to wake up at a certain time, then play an alarm shortly after? (My PC has a...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...