Windows 10: sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update

Discus and support sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating windows 10 to version 2004, I no longer have an option to put computer to sleep when closing lid. It only gives the option to hibernate,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mike Link..., Jul 12, 2020.

1. sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update

After updating windows 10 to version 2004, I no longer have an option to put computer to sleep when closing lid. It only gives the option to hibernate, shut down or do nothing.

:)

Mike Link..., Jul 12, 2020

2. Sleep mode when lid is closed

When I close the lid of my Lenovo laptop with Windows 7, the computer doesn NOT go to sleep. The settings in Control Panel are correct: When I Close The Lid I have put SLEEP for battery and plugged in mode. How can I get it to go back to working normally
    and putting my laptop to sleep mode when I close the lid? I already had Windows 7 re-installed, but the problem is still there. Thank you sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update :)

louisalouisa, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Laptop keeps restarting after going to sleep (when the lid is closed).

Hi Craig,

It's possible that your lid close action is configured to shut down your computer. To make sure your settings are properly configured, you can refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then choose Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by: option on the upper-right-part of the screen to Small icons.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select your power plan (e.g. High Performance), then choose Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Go to Sleep settings, then disable hybrid sleep.
    • Under Power Buttons and Lid, check if
      Sleep is chosen as action when lid is close.
    • Hit Apply and OK.

If the lid close action is set to Sleep, we suggest checking if your drivers are up-to-date. When it comes to sleep mode issues, the driver related are network, chipset, and BIOS drivers. To update your drivers, you can refer to this

link

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Jul 12, 2020
  4. sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update

Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update

1. sleep mode option not available when closing lid after newest update - Similar Threads - sleep mode option

2. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  3. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  4. Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube plays spontaneous when lid closed/in sleep mode: There was another posting regarding this issue in June2022. I noticed the same issue on two of my laptops running Win11. How to reproduce:1. Run YouTube on Win11 laptop I have an HP Envy xx360 Intel and a Lenovo Slim 7 AMD laptop2. Stop YouTube but do not minimize the browser...
  5. Laptop does not sleep when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop does not sleep when lid is closed: Previously, whenever I used close the lid of my laptop, it used to go to sleep. I have even tried to change the settings but still nothing changes.Edition Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Version Dev Installed on ‎ 31/‎10/‎2021 OS build 22489.1000 Experience Windows Feature...
  6. Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop will not go to sleep when closing the lid.: [ATTACH] Hey guys, hoping someone can help me here. My school issued laptop will not go to sleep when i close the "lid". It will only sleep if I click the start button and select sleep, which is fine, however; sometimes I just close it up out of habit, and when I come back...
  7. Computer goes to sleep when closing lid when changed options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to sleep when closing lid when changed options: I changed the Power Plan so that my computer will never sleep when it is charging. I also made so it won’t sleep or shutdown when lid is closed. However, when i slowly close lid to see if screen stays on, it turns off. I even went to registry editor and changed these settings...
  8. Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes into sleep mode when I close the lid: My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, how can I get it to stay open on the monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display/82282cbb-1483-4ac8-ad25-93d5be7befbd
  9. Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.: I have this little quirk that has left me with a dead battery a few times since XP. The situation I'm in is when I have a laptop that's hooked up to a External Monitor/KB/Mouse, then I go to leave, unplug the laptop, stow it, later on arrive with a dead battery. It arrives...
  10. Closing lid does NOT put pc to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Closing lid does NOT put pc to sleep mode.: I've verified the correct Settings, even run hardware troubleshooter. Any suggestions? DELL Inspiron 5555 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-lid-does-not-put-pc-to-sleep-mode/aed5d80b-574d-4547-8b9a-f41a99e6030d