Windows 10: Sleep mode problem

Discus and support Sleep mode problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnylad, Feb 26, 2018.

1. donnylad Win User

Sleep mode problem

Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing happens. How can I do it?. the only thing I can do is switch it off and then it starts up in administrator mode and I have a job to get it to open where I have to enter a pin to start,
    If I am working and shut the lid and leave it a while then open it ,,it goes to where I left off ok.
    Hope you can help.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Feb 26, 2018
  2. Dutch Bob Win User

Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Feb 26, 2018
  3. taskhostw.exe Time - High CPU

Searching around, it appears a lot of my problem is due to sleep mode. So when I turned off sleep mode, and put it into hibernate only mode, the problem appears solved. YMMV.

Justin78412, Feb 26, 2018
  4. Sleep mode problem

If you click on Settings then the Systems button you'll find the Power and Sleep section, that is where you make your choices about what and when you want different things to go to Sleep etc. *Smile

Joan Archer, Feb 26, 2018
  5. donnylad Win User
    Thanks for the reply...I have done what you suggested,, just let me say when it went black the start button was still lit ,,so it was how to fetch it to life again was what I wanted to know without having to switch it off.
    Len

donnylad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sleep mode problem

1. Sleep mode problem - Similar Threads - Sleep mode problem

2. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode problem: When I went to sleep mode my mobile hotspot and ethernetvwill stop working as well. What should I do to make it work on sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/cb9c1211-8dbd-470e-9be5-6194d1599f44
  3. problem with sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with sleep mode: when i put my pc to sleep it automatically awake itself immediatly. Any suggestions why? system: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎18.‎08.‎2020 OS build 19042.867 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 submitted by /u/kljopov [link]...
  4. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode problem: When I close the lid of my laptop, the computer does not go to sleep mode. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problem/e2662a4b-a99c-47cb-a22c-1ffaa338c158
  5. problem with sleep mode

problem with sleep mode: When I put my device to sleep and press the power button again, it always freezes on black screen and i have to hard-shutdown it , or it restarts the windows. note: I have this problem after updating to version 1903...
  6. Problems with sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with sleep mode: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my PC won't go to sleep automatically. I've tried a number of different things, which don't seem to help. I have sleep at 30 minutes, I've run the power troubleshooter. I've checked in device manager, gone through and made sure all the...
  7. Problem with Sleep Mode

Problem with Sleep Mode: When I activate the sleep mode the screen turn off, but some minutes later when I try to turn on the laptop and the laptop don't turn on, so I start to touch all the keys but the screen keep turn off and the laptop is still on....
  8. sleep mode problems

sleep mode problems: why sleep mode didn't work when I connect external mouse and keyboard even when I force it to sleep, it wakes up again but when I disconnect, it works well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problems/658ec50b-5c90-4dd6-8ca8-0ca980c5de2d
  9. Sleep Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Problem: When entering sleep mode, my computer displays a gray screen. Does anyone know why? 6952
  10. Problem with SLEEP mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with SLEEP mode: I have a refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 8GB 64 bit and have a problem with using "Sleep" mode. It works when I click on SLEEP, but then, when I switch off my screen or my wifi mouse, it loads again. This did not happen with Windows 7. Any ideas or suggestions please? 31439