Windows 10: Sleep mode shuts down Chrome and other apps "...not properly" since December update.

Discus and support Sleep mode shuts down Chrome and other apps "...not properly" since December update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since the last update, every time my PC goes to sleep (automatically or manually) all my work and apps are closed and often work is lost, causing me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by alexdawson3, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Sleep mode shuts down Chrome and other apps "...not properly" since December update.

Since the last update, every time my PC goes to sleep (automatically or manually) all my work and apps are closed and often work is lost, causing me a lot of problems. However, restarting the computer does not do this as all of my apps are restored upon opening. I've checked all of my power settings and they are all correct, according to previous advice. Is there any way that I can stop sleep from shutting everything down?

:)

alexdawson3, Dec 13, 2018

2. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 13, 2018
  4. stewymas Win User

Sleep mode shuts down Chrome and other apps "...not properly" since December update.

No sleep mode after December update in Windows 10

As per the title I do not have a sleep mode option when I have finished on my computer. This seemed to occur after the latest Windows update early December. I have looked and tried various options that has been mentioned on line but no success. I am not
    very computer literate but will try anything to get my sleep mode back

stewymas, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Sleep mode shuts down Chrome and other apps "...not properly" since December update.

1. Sleep mode shuts down Chrome and other apps "...not properly" since December update. - Similar Threads - Sleep mode shuts

2. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  3. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not shutting down properly: Hi, My machine, running windows 10 pro, 64 bit, does not shut down properly. I only realised recently that if I press a key, it fires back up. I have shut down in windows using the normal power function as usual and it's not set up to go into hibernation. I think it's been...
  4. PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!: Windows 10 Pro | Version: 20H2 | Build: 19042.630 I am having a problem with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - PC runs fine until putting it to sleep, it is shutting down unexpectedly when I put it in sleep mode. After 3-4 seconds of sleep, it just unexpectedly shut down. Windows Event...
  5. Sleep mode and powering down not working properly

Sleep mode and powering down not working properly: So a few months ago I started having this problem with my desktop PC that I haven't been able to solve. What is happening is that whenever I try to set my computer to sleep mode or turn it off through the windows menu in the bottom left corner the computer acts odd. The...
  6. Windows not shutting down/sleeping properly

Windows not shutting down/sleeping properly: This has happened twice now, windows would not shut down properly. when i press shutdown, the monitor goes black but cpu fans and lights keep on running. Moreover, system also doesnt recognize my headphones even tho the ports and headphone itself are functional. I dont know...
  7. Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode

Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode: Very recently, when I close my laptop set to put it in sleep mode all apps are closed. It happens even if I put it in sleep mode without closing the laptop. This is causing loss of work, and a slow restart when I have to reopen tabs. I have checked and double checked all...
  8. Windows 10 randomly shuts down since December

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shuts down since December: Running Windows 10 Home 64 bit v 1903 with 8GB RAM. Everything was fine until December just gone when the PC would suddenly shut down - no blue screen or freezing, it would just shut down. Upon restart, there are no error messages and everything is working fine again, other...
  9. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Not shutting down properly: Hi all *Smile Bit of a strange problem with Windows 10 on my desktop - it doesn't seem to shut down properly. I get the usual 'shutting down' screen, but (sometimes) when it turns back on it's resumes at a stage maybe 30 seconds before I switched it off. For example, if I...
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...