Windows 10: Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes

Discus and support Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago, I woke up my computer. The screen flashed on very briefly and then back off and freezes. I have to power the computer down and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by B. James Newark, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes

About 2 weeks ago, I woke up my computer. The screen flashed on very briefly and then back off and freezes. I have to power the computer down and then turn it back on before I can get it to come on and stay on. I have troubleshooted all possible power settings I've found through Microsoft and other sites that show support and they all give the same thing - just make sure the power settings are correct and at the same as I already have by Microsoft default. I've since turned sleep mode off.

I have run Window Defender that scans weekly and nothing unusual has been found. I also ran CCleaner and made sure everything showed healthy. There are no programs in my program and features list that aren't suppose be. Needless to say, I'm confused and frustrated.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

:)

B. James Newark, Dec 10, 2020

2. system freezes up in sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode, one monitor on and the other a sleep. Can not wake up system without hard reboot. Any suggestions?

SteveSchillinger, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Heshie75v Win User
    PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes

Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

Getting Firefox v48.0.2 was a separate task. It wasn't meant to correct the "freezing" after waking from Sleep mode.

Question: Does the "freezing" persist after waking from Hibernate mode? See
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13770/windows-shut-down-sleep-hibernate-your-pc

=====================================================

FYI:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes

1. Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode Wakes

2. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  3. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  4. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  6. Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode): I'm having some weird sleeping patterns in my sleep recently, I really need to set an alarm. So I was wondering, how do I set an alarm which plays during sleep mode? if not, how do I set up my PC to wake up at a certain time, then play an alarm shortly after? (My PC has a...
  7. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...