Windows 10: Sleep mode when I hit Enter

Discus and support Sleep mode when I hit Enter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GwynBell, May 23, 2022.

1. GwynBell Win User

Sleep mode when I hit Enter

Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?

:)

GwynBell, May 23, 2022

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 23, 2022
  3. monetia Win User
    Windows 8.1 does not enter Sleep mode

Since a few weeks my computer incorrectly enters Sleep mode from Start->Power menu.

A few weeks ago, in Sleep mode:
    1. The power led was blinking
    2. Monitor went black
    3. After moving mouse monitor turned on and I needed to enter Windows password

Now in Sleep mode:

1. The power led is on all the time
    2. Monitor goes black
    3. After moving mouse I am back in Windows, not prompted for password

This is a fragment from my motherboard manual:

PLED (System Power LED):
    Connect to the power status indicator on the chassis front panel. The LED is on when the system is operating. The LED keeps blinking when the system is in S3 sleep state. The LED is off when the system is in S4 sleep state or powered off (S5).

This means that after pressing Sleep, Windows is not entering S3 sleep state (as it used before), because the led is not blinking.

This problem is not influenced by choosing (in Advanced Power Options) to allow
    hybrid mode on or off nor by choosing to allow wake timers on or off. I tested all combinations and it's still not entering Sleep.

If after two hours of doing nothing on the computer I choose the Sleep mode and then after a minute move the mouse, then in the Event Viewer, in the summary of administrative events there is only one event in the "Last hour" column:
    Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power with eventID 59 and it says that computer entered away mode.

In my Bios there are some settings which may influence the power behavior. They didn't change since long time and I think they are ok:

Sleep mode when I hit Enter 86657d5d-07d5-44ae-b6d3-563bfa772527?upload=true.jpg

Is there any way to help figure out why the computer doesn't enter S3 mode anymore? And how to fix it?

monetia, May 23, 2022
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Sleep mode

Hi,

Incorrect power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down after it enters the sleep mode. We suggest that you try running the Power troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key+ X key on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Power
    • Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Power troubleshooter

If the issue persists, kindly try to follow these steps to reset the power settings:

• Press Windows key + X from your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed. I suggest you to check whether you are getting the sleep option after resetting the power settings.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Sleep mode when I hit Enter - Similar Threads - Sleep mode hit

2. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  3. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  4. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  5. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  6. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  7. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. continual beeps when enter sleep mode

continual beeps when enter sleep mode: Hello: When computer enters sleep mode there are continual periodic beeps of about several minutes interval. Nothing in Settings / System / Power & sleep seems to address this issue. Nothing that I found in BIOS settings offers any help. Is there a way to stop the beeps...
  10. Cannot enter sleep mode

Cannot enter sleep mode: Windows 10 is simply not able to enter sleep mode. Whenever I try, the monitor shuts off, but the computer power does not. When I move the mouse, the log-in screen appears (as it would when your computer comes out of sleep). I looked at Windows Event Viewer, and this is...