Windows 10: Sleep Mode

Discus and support Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Laptop with windows 10 Not Waking Up from Sleep Mode. I need you to wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jenny1Russell, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Sleep Mode

My Laptop with windows 10 Not Waking Up from Sleep Mode. I need you to wake up

:)

jenny1Russell, Nov 27, 2018

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 27, 2018
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Sleep Mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Sleep Mode

1. Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode

2. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot: So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time. If it doesn't crash then the wifi will be disabled and I can't re-enable it unless I restart my laptop. Again, that's only...
  3. Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode

Windows 10 laptop restarts instead of waking up after sleep mode: I'm using ASUS TP550LD laptop. About 2 months ago, after a windows 10 update, whenever I try to wake my laptop from sleep mode, it restarts instead and all my open applications close. It has been really annoying ever since and I tried to search the web for solutions, but none...
  4. Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My computer will shut down on sleep mode even when my plan settings tell it to never...: submitted by /u/kuazikolla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4m1fg/help_my_computer_will_shut_down_on_sleep_mode/
  5. Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode

Windows 10 - Laptop Shuts Down Automatically, After Being in Sleep Mode: I've had my new Lenovo laptop since August 2019, and the following started happening this week after I installed the latest MS updates on 2/11/20. When I close the lid or briefly push the power button, the laptop properly goes into the Sleep Mode this is the way I have it...
  6. PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC wakes up from sleep mode on its own: Sometimes the issue occurs at night. It is really annoying. I ran the Cmd prompt, powercfg - lastwake and found a report that Extensible Host controller AMD USB 3.0 - 1.0 is culprit. I went to the Device Manager to turn off the sleep mode in this controller but didn’t find...
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 Sleep mode getting crashing .

Windows 10 version 1909 Sleep mode getting crashing .: Windows 10 version 1909 OS BUILD 18363.592 Hello Team, I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1909 and since I cannot successfully boot from hibernate or sleep state, it always crashes and boots up from shutdown state. I used hibernate with Windows 10 Version 1903 just fine...
  8. Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes when entering sleep mode and/or wifi will disable itself on reboot: So the gist of it is that within the past 2 weeks or so Windows will crash when I close my laptop to enter sleep mode, but only about 50% of the time. If it doesn't crash then the wifi will be disabled and I can't re-enable it unless I restart my laptop. Again, that's only...
  9. Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something forces my PC into sleep mode at night. How can I find the culprit?: I have an older PC running Win 10 that is notorious for being unable to recover from S3 Sleep. I have disabled Sleep settings in as many places I can find. However, my PC still goes to Sleep maybe 50% of the nights, possibly due to some software update/task scheduler setting....
  10. Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not reconnecting after sleep mode: Hi All, every time i bring my computer out of sleep mode it does not reconnect to the wifi in my home. I have to manually open the wifi settings and press the connect button. I have checked the tab that says 'connect automatically' and it makes no difference. Does anyone else...