Windows 10: Sleep Mode

Discus and support Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I set up the power save settings for my computer to go into sleep mode after 10 minutes. Now matter how I adjust the time, the computer will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TonyAlessi1, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Sleep Mode

Hi,

I set up the power save settings for my computer to go into sleep mode after 10 minutes. Now matter how I adjust the time, the computer will still go into sleep mode after a minute or two. I am using Windows 10.

Anyway to fix this problem as it is very annoying to have to wake the computer and sign in all the time?

Thanks!

Tony

:)

TonyAlessi1, Sep 22, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 22, 2019
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Sleep Mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Sleep Mode

1. Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode

2. Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?: Hi, not sure if this is normal or not, or if theres a way to fix it, but Skype doesnt ring when the pc is asleep. all the other side heres is a offline signal. Is that normal... or can it be changed to ring while sleeping? Its quite annoying as my dad and I are constantly...
  3. Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps turning itself on after update when I want to keep it in sleep mode.: My computer constantly keeps turning itself on everytime I put it to sleep mode ever since Microsoft updated my computer and I would like it to stop. I tried following this:...
  4. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  5. Sleep mode turn off my keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode turn off my keyboard: When my pc has been in sleep/hibernate for a couple of hours i can press my keyboard to wake up but when it comes to the login screen the keyboard turns off and i have to unplug and replug for it to work again?...
  6. PC fails to wake from sleep mode

PC fails to wake from sleep mode: Immediately following the September Windows update my computer would not wake from sleep mode. The screensaver kicks in correctly and the PC reactivates from that, using either the keyboard or mouse. When the PC actually goes into sleep mode the display goes black but when I...
  7. Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC: Hi all! I've been having this issue since updating to Version 1903. Entering sleep mode sometimes causes the pc to hang. A few times when this happens the fans start running at full blast. I tried all the following: - Updating BIOS; - Updating Graphics Driver; - Turning...
  8. System restarts after Sleep mode in Windows 10.

System restarts after Sleep mode in Windows 10.: System restarts after Sleep mode in Windows 10. with update KB4517389 how to correct ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restarts-after-sleep-mode-in-windows-10/94df2fae-4f09-407b-a9f9-6494019cf7b6
  9. Windows 10 computer exits sleep mode on its own

Windows 10 computer exits sleep mode on its own: Hello, About a month ago, two completely unrelated Windows 10 desktop computers that I use (my personnal one at home and my profesionnal one at work) started to exit sleep mode on their own in the middle of the night, with no apparent reason. I know that sometimes,...
  10. My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help...

My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help...: Dear Friends: My problem is straight forward. When Computer goes into sleep mode whether it is done manually or automatically, it shuts down. Please be aware that I tried the Dell support to resolve it. Obviously, they could not do it despite trying all their trouble...