Windows 10: sleep mode

Discus and support sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ? It boots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phaneendra Pittala, Oct 31, 2020.

1. sleep mode

my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ?

It boots normally and comes out of sleep in about 3-5 seconds can some one help me

:)

Phaneendra Pittala, Oct 31, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 31, 2020
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 31, 2020
  4. sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

sleep mode

1. sleep mode - Similar Threads - sleep mode

2. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  4. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  5. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  6. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  7. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  8. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  9. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  10. Why is it that when windows 10 wants to update it will wake my pc out of sleep mode at random?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is it that when windows 10 wants to update it will wake my pc out of sleep mode at random?: Whenever windows wants to do its 13th update this week it will not let the pc stay asleep. If it wants to update and the system is put in sleep mode it will wake up on its own volition. I shouldn't have to root around in services and logs to get it to stop. This has persisted...