Windows 10: sleep mode

Discus and support sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ? It boots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phaneendra Pittala, Oct 31, 2020.

1. sleep mode

my laptop ASUS TUF A15 512GB SSD is taking too long to go to sleep mode like 1-2 minutes what could be the issue and how to resolve it ?

It boots normally and comes out of sleep in about 3-5 seconds can some one help me

:)

Phaneendra Pittala, Oct 31, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 31, 2020
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 31, 2020
  4. sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

sleep mode

1. sleep mode - Similar Threads - sleep mode

2. So when my computer goes into sleep mode it does this annoying flashing thing which looks...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So when my computer goes into sleep mode it does this annoying flashing thing which looks...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alexx_0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5oqb3/so_when_my_computer_goes_into_sleep_mode_it_does/
  3. Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not resuming from Sleep Mode: I have an Lenovo PC running Windows 10 successfully for many years. Recently going back 2 or 3 Windows updates ago, it stopped resuming from sleep mode by using my Space Bar. Now I have to restart Windows with the power button. I read many posted questions with similar...
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  5. Sleep Mode help

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode help: Hello, So this computer I am working on, will go to sleep on its own. It is a Dell 3020 with windows 10 business. It continues to go to sleep regardless of the fact that I have disabled sleep. I've flashed the BIOS and checked to see if it needed any other driver updates....
  6. Getting stuck on lock screen after exiting sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting stuck on lock screen after exiting sleep mode: I currently have windows 10 on my HP laptop which I've owned for 2-ish years now and last night I began to have a problem with starting up my computer from sleep mode. After being closed for a few minutes and entering sleep mode my PC will open to the picture for my lock...
  7. CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU clock speed runs at full frequency (3.5Ghz) whenever I restart/wake up from sleep mode...: My current power plan is Balanced and already tried resetting the power options. As a side note, I also have Throttlestop and thought maybe this was the reason but I disabled it, restarted the laptop and problem persists. Not sure what's causing this considering CPU is at...
  8. Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode

Windows 10 -- non-primary monitors disconnect when in sleep mode: When my laptop goes into sleep mode, it disconnects the monitors that I have connected. This takes everything and collapses it onto the primary laptop monitor. Is there any clear way to address this issue? Other posts that ask similar questions do not seem to lead to any...
  9. Asus Vivobook X507UF Laptop Windos 10 OS sleep mode problem

Asus Vivobook X507UF Laptop Windos 10 OS sleep mode problem: When i click "Sleep" from start menu to sleep my laptop then it turns to sleep but after a few moment itwake up automatically without any keypress or mouse vibration or mouse click. even if when i press fn + f1 / power button to sleep then i also face the sameproblem.that...
  10. Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze

Why my laptop can't go to sleep mode sometimes and freeze: hello i have problems with my laptop it is working fine but if i let it alone and the screen sometimes goes black but it doesn't go in sleep mode and when i try to click a key on my keyboard it doesn't do anything and the led is on and i have to force shutdown it so i can...