Windows 10: SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

Discus and support SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I went through a number of answers on this topic.What is the latest recommendation?When setting up never to go to sleep it does so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FRED777SA, May 21, 2021.

1. FRED777SA Win User

SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

I went through a number of answers on this topic.What is the latest recommendation?When setting up never to go to sleep it does so.

:)

FRED777SA, May 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, May 21, 2021
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2021
  4. SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 21, 2021
Thema:

SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

1. SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK - Similar Threads - SLEEP NEVER DOES

2. Sleep does Not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does Not work properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  3. Sleep does not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep does not work: Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-does-not-work/bef28fc8-b452-4fa6-b160-e694cfe53c1e
  4. Sleep does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does not work: Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-does-not-work/bef28fc8-b452-4fa6-b160-e694cfe53c1e
  5. Sleep does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep": I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps anyway. It is a problem because it prevents my printer from working with other computers that share printing.Note that I have...
  7. sleep does not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sleep does not work: Hey all, Recently, when requested to sleep, my computer locks, the monitors turn off, then seconds later the monitors turn back on to the login screen without my computer even reacting (fans still spinning, lights still on) I have tried using powercfg -lastwake and...
  8. Sleep does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep does not work: Sleep function in Windows 10 does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-does-not-work/316c65a8-c849-4793-99e8-8b6c1a765294
  9. "Cortana never sleeps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Cortana never sleeps": I have Win 10 build 10147 and one of the things that's run amok is Cortana just pops up her head and says something like "somethings wrong please try again later". I am AFK watching TV when it happens. Nothing is running, that I can see. Its getting more frequent so I am...
  10. Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts: My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings: [img] Also, no matter how long I...