Windows 10: Sleep not working since updating to 1903

Discus and support Sleep not working since updating to 1903 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't get why... 1) powercfg -requests shows nothing is causing sleep issues 2) sleep works if i set it manually but if automatically it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndyD77, Jun 19, 2019.

1. AndyD77 Win User

Sleep not working since updating to 1903

I don't get why...

1) powercfg -requests shows nothing is causing sleep issues

2) sleep works if i set it manually but if automatically it won't

Any reason why this would all of sudden not working properly?

:)

AndyD77, Jun 19, 2019
  2. S-and-S Win User

Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has it been repaired?

In fact, sleep not working has not been reported as an issue with v.1903 - yet. Microsoft's official list of issues and their current status is

here

I can't help you with "sleep not working." That would require me to guess at what you actually mean or make assumptions, and that might waste your time. But if you wouldn't mind saying exactly how sleep is not working, I'll give it my best shot.

S-and-S, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update

My computer refuses to sleep since updated to Windows 10 1903. I've read up and followed other suggestions but the computer will not go to sleep. When I say I have tried everything I have.

I come back to the computer after several hours and it is not asleep. If I'm lucky after 7 hours it will sleep. Seems to be a glitch.

The only thing that works is turn off screen.

markburton1, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Sleep not working since updating to 1903 - Similar Threads - Sleep working since

2. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  3. Transparency doesn't work since update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency doesn't work since update 1903: Hello, Since the last feature update 1903 transparency effects don't work for me. Im going to attach 2 pictures of how it used to look before and how it looks now. Ive tried the command to reset apps from powershell and I tried reinstalling Windows files but it didn't work....
  4. Search not working since windows 10 update 1903

in Cortana
    Search not working since windows 10 update 1903: Since the May update, my search is intermittently blank. Unresponsive. I found one article that said to delete my antivirus and then reinstall. That worked for about a day. Not sure what is happening with these update. Tried trouble shooting and nothing. Help....
  5. Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update: My computer refuses to sleep since updated to Windows 10 1903. I've read up and followed other suggestions but the computer will not go to sleep. When I say I have tried everything I have. I come back to the computer after several hours and it is not asleep. If I'm lucky...
  6. Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has...

Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has...: Has the glitch with 1903 been resolved? MS support analyzed my system and determined that it was an issue with 1903. I was told that this was a recurring glitch effecting many other users and was advised a rollback until the issue was resolved....
  7. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...
  8. Clipboard problem since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard problem since 1903 Update: Hi - Since updating to W10 1903 I have been experiencing a problem with clipboard. Lets say I have say two pieces of text saved on my clipboard, I go to an email and use Win-V to paste the first into the subject line, that always works fine. Sometimes the cursor then...
  9. Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update: Updated to 1903 three days ago (6-2-19) and my computer is crashing a lot. Watching videos, writing emails, doing nothing just on and computer decides to re-boot or computer didn't shut down properly and I will see the computer trying to recover. Computer has crashed approx....
  10. Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default presentation not working correctly since 1903 update: Hi, Windows 10 struggles to memorize the default file presentation (sort order, icon size, etc.) I set in File Explorer via the traditional procedure: "View>Options>View tab>Apply to all folders." For instance: When I set presentation A (very large icons, sort by date)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 wont sleep 1903 update

2. windows 10 1903 sleep not working