Windows 10: SLEEP ON DESKTOP

Discus and support SLEEP ON DESKTOP in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with a sleep mode problem on my desktop computer, please. Following a recent update from Microsoft, my current state is not restored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by david4752, Jan 30, 2020.

1. david4752 Win User

SLEEP ON DESKTOP

Can anyone help me with a sleep mode problem on my desktop computer, please.
    Following a recent update from Microsoft, my current state is not restored when wakening from Sleep mode. Instead it tediously presents the Sign In page, then fails to return to most of my previously opened Apps. In fact it takes longer to reach operational mode than it does booting up from cold.
    I can find nothing in the settings to correct this problem.

:)

david4752, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

after putting my desktop to sleep the mouse and keyboard are no longer active

Hi Cal,

Outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why your mouse and keyboard is not working after putting your desktop from sleep. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check for the latest update for the drivers.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 30, 2020
  3. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 30, 2020
  4. SLEEP ON DESKTOP

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

SLEEP ON DESKTOP

1. SLEEP ON DESKTOP - Similar Threads - SLEEP DESKTOP

2. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  4. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  5. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  6. I cannot wake up always my Dell SFF Plus 7010 desktop from sleep. I tried different things...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot wake up always my Dell SFF Plus 7010 desktop from sleep. I tried different things...: I cannot wake up always my Dell SFF Plus 7010 desktop from sleep, by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard. I tried different things in the Device Settings to no avail. I am on the latest version of Windows 11....
  7. I cannot wake up always my Dell SFF Plus 7010 desktop from sleep. I tried different things...

I cannot wake up always my Dell SFF Plus 7010 desktop from sleep. I tried different things...: I cannot wake up always my Dell SFF Plus 7010 desktop from sleep, by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard. I tried different things in the Device Settings to no avail. I am on the latest version of Windows 11....
  8. Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes: Under “Power and sleep,” my desktop is set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Under “additional power settings” it is set for “high performance.” However, the desktop does not go to sleep after 15 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't go to sleep for hours. I ran the power...
  9. Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes: Under “Power and sleep,” my desktop is set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Under “additional power settings” it is set for “high performance.” However, the desktop does not go to sleep after 15 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't go to sleep for hours. I ran the power...
  10. Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes