Windows 10: Sleep option is gone

Discus and support Sleep option is gone in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PrabhsimratGill, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Sleep option is gone

On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't available in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power button does>Change Settings that are currently unavailable. After going this deep, the only thing I found was shut down and hibernate. The sleep option has just gone. Pls tell what is the solution for this. Responses will be truly appreciated.

:)

PrabhsimratGill, Sep 19, 2020
  2. MMofCO Win User

"Sleep" option is gone

How do I get the "Sleep" option back on the start up? The power button displays "Restart" and "Shut Off" but the "Sleep" is gone.

MMofCO, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option is gone

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Sleep option is gone

1. Sleep option is gone - Similar Threads - Sleep option gone

2. Sleep option gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....
  3. Sleep option gone missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....
  4. Sleep option is gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option is gone: Hi!For the past two days my laptop does not show the Sleep option in Power... i found this question and tried all of the methods that were recommended, none of them worked for me.I also do not have the option to "check" sleep in Control panel. Is there anything else I could...
  5. Sleep option is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option is gone: Hi!For the past two days my laptop does not show the Sleep option in Power... i found this question and tried all of the methods that were recommended, none of them worked for me.I also do not have the option to "check" sleep in Control panel. Is there anything else I could...
  6. Sleep option is gone

7. Sleep option gone

Sleep option gone: On my windows 10 laptop, my sleep option has completely disappeared. I've tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Here are the ones I have tried:Restoring the default power options using the command window, evening running it as administrator and restarting my PC...
  8. Sleep option gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option gone: On my windows 10 laptop, my sleep option has completely disappeared. I've tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Here are the ones I have tried:Restoring the default power options using the command window, evening running it as administrator and restarting my PC...
  9. Sleep option gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Sleep option is gone...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep option is gone...: I went into the power option and was only able to add hibernation option but the sleep option is still not there. wtf how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/muaytao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv8hug/sleep_option_is_gone/