Windows 10: Sleep option is missing

Discus and support Sleep option is missing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by max2356, Jan 30, 2022.

1. max2356 Win User

Sleep option is missing

I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were shut down and restart. I managed to find where some other people had a similar issue and went to advanced settings to change the power options. I did that, but the only option to turn on was hibernate. Sleep was not even listed as a checkbox there. I've also tried to see if my display adapters needed an update as that was another suggested potential solution. Windows says mine are up to date. Basically I have no idea what to do from this point for

:)

max2356, Jan 30, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Sleep option is missing [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jan 30, 2022
  3. davidhk Win User
    Sleep option is missing

Windows 10 HOME, build 16299.192

Sleep option is missing under Power Options.
    I might be able to fix the doing a system image restore. But would like to know if there is a better way.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2022
  4. Sleep option is missing

Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

Sleep option is missing

1. Sleep option is missing - Similar Threads - Sleep option missing

2. Sleep option gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....
  3. Sleep option gone missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....
  4. Sleep option is missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option is missing: I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were shut down and restart. I managed to find where some other people had a similar issue and went to advanced settings to change...
  5. Sleep option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option is missing: I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were shut down and restart. I managed to find where some other people had a similar issue and went to advanced settings to change...
  6. sleep option is missing from power options

sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  7. Sleep option missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep option missing: Hello everyone , I am using windows 10 enterprise.I had Intel graphics driver on my laptop but I could not reduce or increase brightness level when Intel driver was installed.Sleep option was there but now I uninstalled that driver and enabled Windows...
  8. Missing sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing sleep option: So I reinstalled windows on my computer because my PC won't boot into it with the fixes I tried. After the reinstall I do not have the option to put the computer into sleep mode. I only have hibernate....
  9. Sleep option is missing

Sleep option is missing: Windows 10 HOME, build 16299.192 Sleep option is missing under Power Options. I might be able to fix the doing a system image restore. But would like to know if there is a better way. [img] [img] 103026
  10. Is there an app for missing Sleep option?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there an app for missing Sleep option?: I have had a Win10 tablet and laptop for a while and found solutions to a few things I wanted to do on them on Tenforums (thanks). Right now I am setting up 2 Win10 desktops to replace the venerable XP machines I've been using forever. I just spent most of a day trying to...