Windows 10: Sleep option missin

Discus and support Sleep option missin in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface pro 7 and I think I did something to disabled sleep in my power button options. Now, there is no sleep option, and whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SupremeTinman, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Sleep option missin

I have a Microsoft Surface pro 7 and I think I did something to disabled sleep in my power button options. Now, there is no sleep option, and whenever I press the power button, it just powers off. I've already tried a bunch of solutions online - csenabled set 0 to 1, additional power plan to turn on sleep. None of it worked, can someone please help? Urgent!

:)

SupremeTinman, Apr 25, 2020

2. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Sleep option missin

No sleep option

Hi Ashwin,

I suggest you to check if you can get the sleep option in other accounts if you have to test the issue.

If the option is not available in all accounts, you may run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        and hit Enter.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Sleep option missin

1. Sleep option missin - Similar Threads - Sleep option missin

2. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sleep Option: Hello, I have a problem with my PC which I can't make it to sleep! This doesn't have any sleep option in the power sector. It's not even grayed out, nothing; totally!!! In the power sector, I have only options: "Shut Down, Hibernate and Lock; There was a sleep option when I...
  3. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sleep Option: Hello, I have a problem with my PC which I can't make it to sleep! This doesn't have any sleep option in the power sector. It's not even grayed out, nothing; totally!!! In the power sector, I have only options: "Shut Down, Hibernate and Lock; There was a sleep option when I...
  4. No Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pci simple comunication controller is missin.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pci simple comunication controller is missin.: I have tried to disable and enable the pci controller. I have tried to update it but sofa no good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-simple-comunication-controller-is-missin/0ed54ec4-f58e-452b-a2dc-f6240f4ac75e
  6. Sleep Option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Option: I recently downloaded Windows 10 on four HP Probook 650 G2. Only one laptop gives me the option to use the sleep option. In the Power and Sleep option only screen adjustments can be made. The working laptop has both sleep and screen. Also under Define Power Buttons and...
  7. No sleep option

in Windows 10 Support
    No sleep option: On a friends HP Pavilion Model p7-1256c I formatted and did a fresh install of W10 Home. All works fine except there is no sleep option. I have tried many suggestions here like chipset drivers from HP which it wouldn't accept. My friend is not too up on this stuff which is...
  8. Missin faktura from buy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Missin faktura from buy: Hej Have received a mail about a faktura that i want to download. But when i try to lock in using the link i get and error meassage. When i lpck in on microsofts website it goes find but cant find the "vat faktura" In danish "momsfaktura". I have attached mail i...
  9. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Missing sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing sleep option: So I reinstalled windows on my computer because my PC won't boot into it with the fixes I tried. After the reinstall I do not have the option to put the computer into sleep mode. I only have hibernate....