Windows 10: Sleep option missing from windows

Discus and support Sleep option missing from windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sleep option has been missing from my pc ever since i got it. It is a dell poweredge t30. I have googled and found a solution that said to Start >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/braveknight224, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Sleep option missing from windows

Sleep option has been missing from my pc ever since i got it. It is a dell poweredge t30. I have googled and found a solution that said to

• Start > type in “Power & sleep settings”
    • Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side menu of the new window
    • Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable”
    • Check box “Sleep” and hit save changes

and i don't even have a box to checkmark for sleep. https://imgur.com/a/meOsrcb

I have also tried "powercfg –restoredefaultschemes" in cmd admin with no luck.

I know my pc supports sleep because i have used the cmd command to check.

submitted by /u/braveknight224
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/braveknight224, Oct 20, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Sleep option is missing

Windows 10 HOME, build 16299.192

Sleep option is missing under Power Options.
    I might be able to fix the doing a system image restore. But would like to know if there is a better way.

Sleep option missing from windows [​IMG]

Sleep option missing from windows [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 20, 2020
  3. missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Sleep option missing from windows

Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Sleep option missing from windows

1. Sleep option missing from windows - Similar Threads - Sleep option missing

2. Sleep option gone missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....
  3. Sleep option is missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option is missing: I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were shut down and restart. I managed to find where some other people had a similar issue and went to advanced settings to change...
  4. Sleep option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option is missing: I recently built a new PC using Windows 10 as my OS. Everything is working great, except there is no option for my PC to sleep. My only options were shut down and restart. I managed to find where some other people had a similar issue and went to advanced settings to change...
  5. Sleep option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. sleep option is missing from power options

sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  7. Require sign in from sleep option missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Require sign in from sleep option missing: On a new Dell XPS 15 in "accounts" section of Windows 10 settings. I want to set it to "when PC wakes from sleep" in the "require sign in" section. All that is listed is "never" or various time intervals. Is there a way to enable it please? Thank you. submitted by...
  8. Sleep option missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep option missing: Hello everyone , I am using windows 10 enterprise.I had Intel graphics driver on my laptop but I could not reduce or increase brightness level when Intel driver was installed.Sleep option was there but now I uninstalled that driver and enabled Windows...
  9. Missing sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing sleep option: So I reinstalled windows on my computer because my PC won't boot into it with the fixes I tried. After the reinstall I do not have the option to put the computer into sleep mode. I only have hibernate....
  10. Sleep option is missing

Sleep option is missing: Windows 10 HOME, build 16299.192 Sleep option is missing under Power Options. I might be able to fix the doing a system image restore. But would like to know if there is a better way. [img] [img] 103026