Windows 10: sleep option missing in control panel?

Discus and support sleep option missing in control panel? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I just recently had to do a clean of my computer using the RefreshWindowsTool a friend told me about. After doing so I seem to have lost my sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EliWells, Sep 9, 2021.

1. EliWells Win User

sleep option missing in control panel?

So I just recently had to do a clean of my computer using the RefreshWindowsTool a friend told me about. After doing so I seem to have lost my sleep option. I went to the control panel to re-enable the feature but the option was outright missing as seen in the photo below. how can I restore the option?

:)

EliWells, Sep 9, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 9, 2021
  3. THRASH9 Win User
    Control Panel Options Missing

There is an option missing from the Control Panel after a major upgrade. What happened to the
    Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display. The upgrade changed my font size, my icon size also changed some text items to from regular to bold and vice versa. In the control panel display
    option mentioned previously I was able to make all these changes. The drop down menu under Display listed such items as Icons, title bars, menus, message boxes, palette titles, icons and tooltips. It also allowed font size change and a selection of either
    bold or regular text. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank You

THRASH9, Sep 9, 2021
  4. sleep option missing in control panel?

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

sleep option missing in control panel?

1. sleep option missing in control panel? - Similar Threads - sleep option missing

2. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  3. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  4. Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel: The sleep button was missing, I did my research and in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Option -> Choose what the powers buttons do -> should apear to me and the option o sleep, at the bottom. The other thing is that when the sleep time pases the screen doesn't...
  5. Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option doesn't appear in control panel: The sleep button was missing, I did my research and in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Option -> Choose what the powers buttons do -> should apear to me and the option o sleep, at the bottom. The other thing is that when the sleep time pases the screen doesn't...
  6. The sleep option is missing from my control panel. How can I get this option back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep option is missing from my control panel. How can I get this option back?: I have tried updating my graphics and chipset drivers. I have also installed windows and firmware updates. I also tried resetting the power plans and I still cannot get the sleep option back....
  7. Control panel missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control panel missing: I were having some problems with my computer. Tried to download and install an old game. Think something happened with my computer. I can't find the control panel anywhere. Anyone who might be able to help? submitted by /u/DankestGuide [link] [comments]...
  8. Language option is missing in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language option is missing in control panel: Why can't find language option in windows 10 1803 version?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-option-is-missing-in-control-panel/beeeaf7a-ee39-449d-906e-84b654df537a
  9. Control panel power options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel power options missing: If I go into the power plans menu in control panel and create a power plan, I can only make it off the balanced plan, and it's missing a few advanced options....
  10. Missing control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing control panel: I am unable to find my Control Panel today. I see the words control panel when I right click on the menu after clicking on the start button. But nothing happens. It does not open. I have been researching it all day but to no avail. I am using an Acer laptop and I updated to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sleep option missing in Control Panel