Windows 10: Sleep or idle BSOD

Discus and support Sleep or idle BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have BSOD problem sometimes when Laptop wake up from sleep, on Desktop... BSOD troubleshoot(by frequency): - Hardware: RAM(Win) test - BIOS:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkWW, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MarkWW Win User

Sleep or idle BSOD

I have BSOD problem sometimes when Laptop wake up from sleep, on Desktop...

BSOD troubleshoot(by frequency):
    - Hardware: RAM(Win) test
    - BIOS: change boot mode(UEFI/Legacy), update BIOS/firmaware
    - Drivers: Device Manager(Yellow Exclamation Point), Driver Verifier
    - Win OS tools: SFC, DISM, CHKDSK, reinstall OS, malware scan

:)

MarkWW, Jan 23, 2017
  2. bengtbe Win User

BlueScreen (system_service_exception) happening everytime my computer is idle

Everytime my computer is idle it gets a BSOD after a few minutes. It is running Windows 10. I don't think it is releated to sleep beacuse sleep is set to 'Never'. I have updated my NVIDIA drivers.

I uploaded a minidump file: https://db.tt/l00o3Xyo

Thanks for any help with this issue.

Bengt

bengtbe, Jan 23, 2017
  3. BSOD Page FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA + BAD POOL HEADER

Dear Regile,

I have been runing Driver Verifier for second day straight. Thus far no BSOD. will run for another day and proceed to turn it off if no further BSOD occurs. Driver Verifier slows down the system tremendously, making it difficult to work. We do not have a spare
    PC in the interim.

That being said, I have also disabled the sleep functionality in Windows 10. Suspect that Sleep (activated after 10mins of idle) may have been the cause. interesting that it is not a consistent trigger though. As I am sure my Laptop has gone into sleep mode
    without triggering BSOD several times in the past. In my opinion, Sleep and Hibernate are lousy features and I am surprised that it has not been abandoned.

Will update this post again tmr.

Wong Davin, Jan 23, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Sleep or idle BSOD

Hello Mark and welcome to TenForums *Smile

One of the BugChecks indicates possible hardware problems so it would be worth running a diagnostic check on your memory.

Code: BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 7b4, 19b7250, ffffc881494fa000} *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.[/quote]

Sleep or idle BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  5. MarkWW Win User
    Thank you,

Attachment 118309

MarkWW, Jan 23, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Great start! Please continue the test for at least 8 passes.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  7. MarkWW Win User
    Windows 10 sometimes give me drive error then check and repair drive after restart.

MarkWW, Jan 23, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Sleep or idle BSOD

After you have completed all 8 passes of the memory test it would be worth running a Chkdsk test.

If the Hard disk is suspect there are also other tests you can run:

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

philc43, Jan 23, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please ensure to follow the instructions as requested and run MemTest86+

10. MarkWW Win User
    I finished tests for RAM (no errors) and HDD (no errors), this is new laptop. I hadn't BSOD problem with Win 8.1.
    Maybe some drivers isn't full compatible with Win10, I manually updated all drivers in Device Manager and wait to see results.
    Do you have any other suggestion?

MarkWW, Jan 24, 2017
  11. MarkWW Win User
    New dump 26.01.17, maybe you can see something new...

MarkWW, Jan 26, 2017
  12. MarkWW Win User
    I checked system files with "sfc /scannow" and it showed me many errors.
    I reinstall Windows 10 with "keep personal data and apps" option. Now I haven't any BSOD.

MarkWW, Feb 2, 2017
  13. philc43 Win User

Sleep or idle BSOD

Well done for persevering and I hope you remain free of BSOD events. *Smile

Wait a few days and then you can mark this thread as solved.

philc43, Feb 2, 2017
  14. MarkWW Win User
    I checked it a week ago.

MarkWW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sleep or idle BSOD

1. Sleep or idle BSOD - Similar Threads - Sleep idle BSOD

2. BSOD: IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on idle: Hi all,Lately I have been running into multiple BSODs with error code IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This only seems to happen when the pc is idle and never when gaming.What I have tried so far but without any luck:Sfc /scannow: all goodchkdsk: all goodMemtest: all goodinstalled all...
  3. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: I recently bought a MSI PRO Z690-A for a upgrade. Did a clean install on a new SSD and installed the drivers. Now i keep getting random BSOD, when idle. I reinstalled the newest BIOS, windows update and drivers. I still keep getting a BSOD after this, it comes with the...
  4. BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when idle: Hi! my pc often gets BSOD when it's idle but not when playing games. Here's a link to the minidumps https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO4zR09_hDiixqEPHxxZDdMZeop?e=aWPaPuAny help would be great! Thanks!...
  5. BSoD when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD when idle: Hello guys, recently my PC started BSoD frequently, as soon as it goes idle. When I wake up, it's on the logon screen. I could see it happening a few times, and I got irql_not_less_or_equal and some other code I cant remember right now. Also in event viewer, I get...
  6. BSOD Ntfs.sys after sleep mode while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntfs.sys after sleep mode while idle: Hello, When my pc has restarted or booted from shut down there is no issue. But everytime my system has came from sleep mode after 10 minutes up to a few hours it BSOD. 99% of the time it is on the ntfs.sys Network driver. Sometimes it is an ndis.sys BSOD. I have...
  7. Bsod when idle...

Bsod when idle...: i,ve been having this issue with my pc since i upgraded it from windows 7 to 10 ...bsod when im away or not doing anything on the pc ,and last week i tride to do a defrag the drive and it happend also .. the error code moslty says critical process died .. i did SFC and tried...
  8. Surface Pro 3 BSOD when Idle/Sleeping

Surface Pro 3 BSOD when Idle/Sleeping: I have a Surface Pro 3 and it has an issue where when it sleeps, it will crash and power off. There is a critical Kernel-Power event (41) whenever this happens, and sometimes it's accompanied by a BSOD, other times it's not - The BSOD bugcheck message does seem to vary...
  9. BSOD on start up/wake from sleep/playing games/idling

BSOD on start up/wake from sleep/playing games/idling: Custom built PC. System specs are as follows: MOBO: Asus P7P55D PRO CPU: intel i5 750 2.66 ghz (minor OC to 2.88) GPU: nvidia gtx 660 PSU: cooler master 700w silent pro RAM: 8gb Corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3 Samsung 850 evo 250gb (C:/) WD green 500gb 5400rpm I...
  10. bsod on idle system

bsod on idle system: before i did the creators update i had already bsod's. i did the creators update on 16 may,there was a bsod on 22 may on an idle system (i was not in the environment) bleuscreenview gives the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED en driver ntoskrnl.sys dm-log_collector did not...