Windows 10: Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back?

Discus and support Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm running 10 Pro. For the longest time whatever my settings were I don't remember if there was no activity on my desktop PC for a couple of minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by silvanet_1, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back?

I'm running 10 Pro. For the longest time whatever my settings were I don't remember if there was no activity on my desktop PC for a couple of minutes, the monitor would go to sleep and turn black. The monitor on indicator light would remain on, but the screen would go black.

Also, under whatever settings I had before, when I powered up my PC, I did not also have to turn on my monitor. Its power indicator light would be off, but on the PC boot up it would immediately turn on so I could see the bios splash screen. When I shut down Windows, I would then get a blue screen with a small gray dialog in the center that said "no signal." After a short while red numbers would count down to when the computer would power off. Then it would power off and the monitor power indicator light would go off.

That's the way it used to work and I liked it that way.

Now that has all changed. I don't know why. I don't think it had anything to do with a new update, but that could always be a possibility. When I power up my PC, it does not also turn on the monitor as it did before. I have to also now power on the monitor. When I select the Start, Power, Shut down option, the PC shuts down, but leaves the monitor on with the blue screen/gray dialog "no signal." I have to also now power of the monitor.

Before, when there there was inactivity for a couple of minutes, the display would turn black. Tapping on the keyboard or moving the mouse would immediately reactivate the monitor at the exact place where it was before that blacking. Now on inactivity when the display turns off, it doesn't go black. Instead, it goes blue with the "no signal" dialog in the center. On keyboard touch or mouse movement it first turns black then goes to the original start up where I have to log in again; not immediately back at the same place where it went blue/no signal.

This is all extremely annoying and I don't have a clue how to get it back to work the way it was before.

:)

silvanet_1, Sep 23, 2020

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back?

Build 14332 Can't get computer to go into sleep mode using power settings--ideas?

Hi Baggerbob,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Go to, Settings. Then System. Then click on Power and Sleep.

Click on Additional power settings. Then "Choose what the power button does".

Click on Change Settings. Finally unclick "Turn on fast start up".

Save Settings.

If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back?

1. Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back? - Similar Threads - Sleep power mode

2. Any other ideas since i cannot get into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any other ideas since i cannot get into safe mode?: My computer has had issues in the past. A friend helped me by moving all my files and redownloading windows entirely from a boot drive as nothing else worked.Its been a few months since then, my computer just gave up. I was watching some youtube and then both monitors started...
  3. Any other ideas since i cannot get into safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any other ideas since i cannot get into safe mode?: My computer has had issues in the past. A friend helped me by moving all my files and redownloading windows entirely from a boot drive as nothing else worked.Its been a few months since then, my computer just gave up. I was watching some youtube and then both monitors started...
  4. Any other ideas since i cannot get into safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sleep Mode help

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode help: Hello, So this computer I am working on, will go to sleep on its own. It is a Dell 3020 with windows 10 business. It continues to go to sleep regardless of the fact that I have disabled sleep. I've flashed the BIOS and checked to see if it needed any other driver updates....
  6. Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas?: I purchased 3 lcd monitors. I unplugged the PC, existing monitor, external speakers w/ sub. I then installed the 3 new monitors and replaced the speakers and pluggen in the PC. Now sound wont work in neither headset and attached mic or the external speakers. I have went over...
  7. Help -- can't get laptop out of tablet mode --any ideas !!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help -- can't get laptop out of tablet mode --any ideas !!!!: Hi there I clicked something by mistake --now I can't get laptop out of tablet mode -- settings I've tried don't seem to work. Cheers jimbo 148146
  8. Issue with booting. Any ideas how to get back into the OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with booting. Any ideas how to get back into the OS?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/markmcgilli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eer2up/issue_with_booting_any_ideas_how_to_get_back_into/
  9. Sleep Mode coming back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep Mode coming back on: I have a 5 year old desk computer with windows 10. I have a Brothers printer MFC-L2740DW, which is an all in one type printer, connected to the home network. If I put the computer on sleep mode in about 15 seconds the computer comes back on by itself. what happens is the...
  10. Any ideas on how to get back my Favourites list/passwords?

in Browsers and Email
    Any ideas on how to get back my Favourites list/passwords?: As the title suggests, everything seems to have disappeared, and if this means re-entering everything, then balls to that! any help much appreciated! 10239