Windows 10: Sleep problem

Discus and support Sleep problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem with my laptop which is turning asleep every 7 or 5 minutes what should i do to stop it turning asleep? this problem is not from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MedGuemmi, Apr 4, 2019.

1. MedGuemmi Win User

Sleep problem

Hi, i have a problem with my laptop which is turning asleep every 7 or 5 minutes what should i do to stop it turning asleep? this problem is not from factory, maybe someone messed with it, so please what is the solution ? (it stills doing it now)

:)

MedGuemmi, Apr 4, 2019

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 4, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Sleep problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Sleep problem

1. Sleep problem - Similar Threads - Sleep problem

2. Scaling problems after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling problems after monitor sleep: Hi, I've searched many forums and can't find a resolution or even a similar issue. I recently went to a fresh install of Windows 10 and noticed shortly after that after the monitor wakes from sleep, there's a good chance that the scaling on my notification/action center will...
  3. Windows 10 sleep problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sleep problem: I have set my power & sleep on Windows 10 to 1 hour and it is not working. It turns off the screen after a few seconds and it is driving me crazy. How can I fix this problem?...
  4. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  5. sleep mode problems

sleep mode problems: why sleep mode didn't work when I connect external mouse and keyboard even when I force it to sleep, it wakes up again but when I disconnect, it works well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problems/658ec50b-5c90-4dd6-8ca8-0ca980c5de2d
  6. Problem with my computer going to sleep.

Problem with my computer going to sleep.: After my computer goes to sleep, I wake it by pressing a key. The problem is that it immediately goes back to sleep and I can not wake it up. I have to shut it down. How do I solve this problem? I wonder if the problem was caused by one of several anti virus and a program...
  7. Windows Sleep Problem

Windows Sleep Problem: Despite my power settings for display and computer to "never" go to sleep by itself, Windows keeps going into sleep mode after approximately three minutes of my not touching the keyboard. I have to keep waking the computer back up, waiting for it to generate the home screen...
  8. Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.: windows screen lock and sleep settings are set above 5 min but screen turns off automatically after 30 secs. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-screen-lockout-and-sleep-settings/7cf4f078-136b-4732-8566-7dc6bf167a21
  9. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem): Despite attempts to prevent it, last week I was upgraded to Win 10 1809.17763.107. It immediately deleted all my "restore" points, reset all my apps to MS defaults, and switched off my "sleep" button. I've reset my apps to my preferences, but can't find any way of...
  10. Intermittent problem with sleep mode

Intermittent problem with sleep mode: I have a Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 1803 and have a problem where the PC will enter sleep mode once or twice after a fresh boot, but subsequent sleep commands only turn off the monitor; the hard and CPU remain active. I tried closing all active windows and also logging...