Windows 10: Sleep problem

Discus and support Sleep problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put my PC into sleep mode it awakens randomly for no apparent reason. How can I prevent this? Thank you for your help. 29099 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Nov 7, 2015.

1. mobile1 Win User

Sleep problem

When I put my PC into sleep mode it awakens randomly for no apparent reason.

How can I prevent this?

Thank you for your help.

:)

mobile1, Nov 7, 2015
  2. Dutch Bob Win User

Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 won't go to sleep automatically

I have the same problem and have spent hours trying to resolve it.

My display will go to sleep but my computer won't.

I have installed the latest BIOS and drivers.

My computer sleeps fine if I manually push the button.

Sometimes sleep will work for a while and then it stops working.

Powercfg -requests shows nothing.

Powercfg -energy shows nothing that should prevent it from sleeping.

It will not sleep when booted in Safe Mode.

It will not sleep when a Clean Boot is performed per the instructions.

However, it will sleep if I don't check "Hide all Microsoft Services" when I reboot with services disabled so it is a Microsoft service causing the problem.

It will also sleep if I Sign out of my account.

Has this problem been resolved?

Is there a way to see which Microsoft service is causing the problem without disabling them one at a time and rebooting (there is probably close to a hundred of them)?

Thanks

Sterling R, Nov 7, 2015
  4. mobile1 Win User

Sleep problem

Using powecfg -lastwake in a command window shows that the Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller is waking the PC.

I tried to disable in in the Device Manager but cannot find this setting.

Can anyone tell me how to disable this?

mobile1, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

Sleep problem

1. Sleep problem - Similar Threads - Sleep problem

2. [Problem] X1 gen7 20QE - Win10 - after sleeping a few times, the audio device (speakers or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Problem] X1 gen7 20QE - Win10 - after sleeping a few times, the audio device (speakers or...: submitted by /u/rareRobbo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/himp7r/problem_x1_gen7_20qe_win10_after_sleeping_a_few/
  3. modern standby problems entering to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  4. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  5. problem with display after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with display after sleep mode: hey. so i have gaming laptop, now its working on the battery i woke up my pc from sleep mode and that what happens every time , what can cuse this ? https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png https://i.imgur.com/GRknaDM.png submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  6. I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7.

I'm having auto wake up from sleep mode problem with Windows10 after updating from Windows 7.: This is the event viewer; EventData TargetState4 EffectiveState5 WakeFromState4 ProgrammedWakeTimeAc2020-04-13T11:18:45.954533300Z ProgrammedWakeTimeDc2020-04-13T11:18:45.954533300Z WakeRequesterTypeAc4 WakeRequesterTypeDc4...
  7. sound problems after computer sleep

sound problems after computer sleep: so i have my pc connected to tv using HDMI cable, so sound goes through this cable and uses nVIDIA audio driver as the hdmi calbe is connected to my nvidia gpu. when the computer wakes up from sleep, it automatically changes to realtek driver although there are no speakers...
  8. sleep button,sleep menu problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    sleep button,sleep menu problems: hello i uninstalled something and the sleep button wont show up not even in the control panel it only has turn off and restart..please help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-buttonsleep-menu-problems/aa031eb6-6b5a-43c7-a0f1-81c7c8cc2b33
  9. problem with sleep mode

problem with sleep mode: When I put my device to sleep and press the power button again, it always freezes on black screen and i have to hard-shutdown it , or it restarts the windows. note: I have this problem after updating to version 1903...
  10. Computer cannot go to sleep, legacy Kernel Caller problem

Computer cannot go to sleep, legacy Kernel Caller problem: I have a Windows 10 64 bit PC, running an i7 930 CPU from about 10 years ago, old but good hardware. This computer cannot go to sleep requiring me to turn the computer all the way off every time I want it to power down. If I put the computer to sleep it seems to actually...