Windows 10: Sleep problems

Discus and support Sleep problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Sleep problems

I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse to put it to sleep. The sleep button on the keyboard, however works as expected but when pressing the case on-switch, goes to desktop despite the "require a password" on wakeup being set. The second pc goes to sleep using the mouse but requires a password despite "Don't require a password" on wakeup being set. There is no sleep button on this pc's keyboard to try.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Dutch Bob Win User
    Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

Sleep problems

1. Sleep problems - Similar Threads - Sleep problems

2. Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.: windows screen lock and sleep settings are set above 5 min but screen turns off automatically after 30 secs. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-screen-lockout-and-sleep-settings/7cf4f078-136b-4732-8566-7dc6bf167a21
  3. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem): Despite attempts to prevent it, last week I was upgraded to Win 10 1809.17763.107. It immediately deleted all my "restore" points, reset all my apps to MS defaults, and switched off my "sleep" button. I've reset my apps to my preferences, but can't find any way of...
  4. Intermittent problem with sleep mode

Intermittent problem with sleep mode: I have a Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 1803 and have a problem where the PC will enter sleep mode once or twice after a fresh boot, but subsequent sleep commands only turn off the monitor; the hard and CPU remain active. I tried closing all active windows and also logging...
  5. sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg: My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3) and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down...
  6. Sleep mode/Microphone Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep mode/Microphone Problem: every time I do get into sleep mode with my laptop it turns off my microphone Can you please fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sleep-modemicrophone-problem/1c85bc72-693b-4f0b-ad23-c0f24db120e4
  7. 1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1803 problems solved re: sleep, Edge, some HP components failed: Used WinX Update Assistant to update 1709 and download 1803 into friend's new HP Elitebook G5 (great machine). Problems + Solutions 1. Would not sleep + downloaded all driver updates using HP Support Assistant 2. Edge component update or info failures + used Edge...
  8. problem after pc is sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem after pc is sleeping: Hello, I have a small problem. I just had my pc repaired by Geek Squad at Best Buy. Usually when I have my slideshow of pictures going while the pc sleeps I usually push enter to get to my login. Today I got my slide show back on my pc. I pushed enter to get to my login but...
  9. Sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode problem: Hi all,, when I leave my lid open for too long it seems to go into sleep mode and the screen goes black, I try to get to start again but nothing happens. How can I do it?. the only thing I can do is switch it off and then it starts up in administrator mode and I have a job to...
  10. Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep?

Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep?: My Avast Internet Security program is suggesting that the following programs (see image below) are slowing down my computer. AIS wants to put them to sleep, but I have no idea whether or not doing this will cause problems??? [img] 101068