Windows 10: Sleep problems

Discus and support Sleep problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Sleep problems

I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse to put it to sleep. The sleep button on the keyboard, however works as expected but when pressing the case on-switch, goes to desktop despite the "require a password" on wakeup being set. The second pc goes to sleep using the mouse but requires a password despite "Don't require a password" on wakeup being set. There is no sleep button on this pc's keyboard to try.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Dutch Bob Win User
    Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

Sleep problems

1. Sleep problems - Similar Threads - Sleep problems

2. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  3. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  4. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  5. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  6. sleep problem on MSI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep problem on MSI: When i close the lid and open it back, the computer restarts. Nowadays it doesnt turn on either without electricity.It holds charge and charges. This happens when i close the lid.I am using windows11 msi katana 15. I got the computer on september 2023.I had made disk clean...
  7. sleep problem on MSI

sleep problem on MSI: When i close the lid and open it back, the computer restarts. Nowadays it doesnt turn on either without electricity.It holds charge and charges. This happens when i close the lid.I am using windows11 msi katana 15. I got the computer on september 2023.I had made disk clean...
  8. Problem with sleep mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with sleep mode in Windows 11.: Since the most recent Windows 11 update, my laptop has been going into sleep mode after I stop using the keyboard for 1 minute. I have the “screen and sleep” settings set to 30 minutes for “on battery power” and 1 hour for “plugged in,” and the “power mode” is set to...
  9. Problem with sleep mode in Windows 11.

Problem with sleep mode in Windows 11.: Since the most recent Windows 11 update, my laptop has been going into sleep mode after I stop using the keyboard for 1 minute. I have the “screen and sleep” settings set to 30 minutes for “on battery power” and 1 hour for “plugged in,” and the “power mode” is set to...
  10. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...