Windows 10: Sleep problems

Discus and support Sleep problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Sleep problems

I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse to put it to sleep. The sleep button on the keyboard, however works as expected but when pressing the case on-switch, goes to desktop despite the "require a password" on wakeup being set. The second pc goes to sleep using the mouse but requires a password despite "Don't require a password" on wakeup being set. There is no sleep button on this pc's keyboard to try.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Dutch Bob Win User
    Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

Sleep problems

1. Sleep problems - Similar Threads - Sleep problems

2. power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power problem laptop won't turn on after sleep or shut down lights power light stays on: power lite and power button lite stay on after shutdown but windows doesn't shut down all the way. I have to press the reset button to get it going again I dont know what.s going on with this . HELP!!!...
  3. Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  4. Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode

Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  5. Sleep problem with Win10 20H2 update

Sleep problem with Win10 20H2 update: I have a relatively new Lenovo 330S which is working perfectly on Win10 1909. If I update to 20H2 I've tried twice on entering sleep, the screen blanks, the power light stays on and the laptop freezes - the only way to recover it is to hold the power button down and then...
  6. Sleep Problem

Sleep Problem: In the past I had a HDD & was running W10 v1909 (Build 18363.418) & my LCD would wake w/the comfuser as normal. I replaced the HDD w/a new SSD & the LCD stopped waking w/the comfuser. I did update to W10 v20H2 (Build 19042.746), but that didn't change anything. Pressing my...
  7. Help analyze my sleep problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help analyze my sleep problem: [ATTACH] My Zenbook weirdly drains battery down to zero overnight down from 60% while in sleep mode. This problem has persisted for a while. The notebook should enter hibernation at 5% battery (which it does while being used). But, when sleeping it drains the entire...
  8. Boot & sleep problems

Boot & sleep problems: I hope this is the correct Forum for this. If not, I apologize. In late December, I hooked-up a brand new SSD inside my comfuser & installed W10 v1909 (Build 18363.418) because it's the CD I have at the moment. All went well & most things were working fine. The only 2 major...
  9. Sleep/Hibernate problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep/Hibernate problems: Hello, I bought a Dell G5 5500 in august of this year. I have several problems: The first one is that even though I put my laptop into hibernation, it turns on after 2 or 3 hours, (I haven't calculated the exact time) without any action on my part. This means that the...
  10. Problem to disable "auto-sleep"

Problem to disable "auto-sleep": Hi. I have a new laptop there is installed a malware yes, we can call it as MALWARE called Windows 10. I have set screen timeout to 10 minutes, tested to set screen saver to 15 minutes and sleep after is 45 min. But what happens... Then display goes off, simultaneously...