Windows 10: Sleep problems

Discus and support Sleep problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Sleep problems

I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse to put it to sleep. The sleep button on the keyboard, however works as expected but when pressing the case on-switch, goes to desktop despite the "require a password" on wakeup being set. The second pc goes to sleep using the mouse but requires a password despite "Don't require a password" on wakeup being set. There is no sleep button on this pc's keyboard to try.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Dutch Bob Win User
    Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

Sleep problems

1. Sleep problems - Similar Threads - Sleep problems

2. Sleep startup problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep startup problems: If i don't use my laptop for more than 10 minutes or so, the screen goes black and doesn't start back until i force start it back. I have tried all the basic trouble shootings, but none of them worked. Thanks in advance...
  3. PC won't recover after sleep; must perform hard shutdown; control panel says problem with...

PC won't recover after sleep; must perform hard shutdown; control panel says problem with...: Hello PC does not go into normal sleep mode, won't recover with mouse or keyboard; blank screen. I am forced to perform a hard shutdown. Has been occurring for about a week, need help please. My control panel says problem is due to a problem with my hardware, but I have not...
  4. problem waking from sleep

problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  5. Problems with password after being in sleep mode

Problems with password after being in sleep mode: Windows does not ask for password after being in sleep mode. Require sign in is selected in stetting's for "When PC wakes up from sleep" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-password-after-being-in-sleep-mode/f907f4c3-a720-480a-b783-e4c56f489d7e
  6. Problems with sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with sleep mode: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my PC won't go to sleep automatically. I've tried a number of different things, which don't seem to help. I have sleep at 30 minutes, I've run the power troubleshooter. I've checked in device manager, gone through and made sure all the...
  7. Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t.: Hey all, so on every pc I have ever had I always set it to auto sleep after 2 hours. Never had a problem on any other computer of mine. On my new pc, I set it to auto sleep after two hours and never had any issues with it doing that. I went on a 2 week trip and ofc turned off...
  8. Device Sleep problem

Device Sleep problem: When i tried to sleep my computer, Instead of sleep it's shutting down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-sleep-problem/20e8006a-9903-4fb5-8f3f-68048a81f16a
  9. Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem: Chrome windows in Taskbar Change Places after Sleep: Hello everyone, Here's the deal: I'd usually have around 50-70 Chrome tabs opened at the same time, divided in 5-6 different Chrome windows down in the taskbar, each windows having between 5 and 30 Chrome tabs in it. I was using Windows 7 until recently in the same manner...
  10. Laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop sleep mode problem: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make notification sounds that ping/blingggg until I open the screen. On the screen will be a window asking me to enter my Microsoft...