Windows 10: Sleep problems

Discus and support Sleep problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Sleep problems

I have two pc's, each running build 9897, not dual booting which have sleep problems. One reboots to desktop after about 5 seconds when using the mouse to put it to sleep. The sleep button on the keyboard, however works as expected but when pressing the case on-switch, goes to desktop despite the "require a password" on wakeup being set. The second pc goes to sleep using the mouse but requires a password despite "Don't require a password" on wakeup being set. There is no sleep button on this pc's keyboard to try.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 16, 2014

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Dutch Bob Win User
    Windows 10 WiFi and Restart problems after being in 'sleep' mode.

There was/is a similar problem with windows 8.1: No WiFi after sleep mode. It seems during sleep mode WiFi is turned off and not always turned on, causing problems. The advice was never go into sleep mode. I changed my 'power settings', so when I close the
    lid it does not go into sleep mode. So far I have not had any more problems.

So it may be that the 'power management' has problems in windows 8.1 and 10.

Thanks,

Bob

Dutch Bob, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

Sleep problems

1. Sleep problems - Similar Threads - Sleep problems

2. Scaling problems after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling problems after monitor sleep: Hi, I've searched many forums and can't find a resolution or even a similar issue. I recently went to a fresh install of Windows 10 and noticed shortly after that after the monitor wakes from sleep, there's a good chance that the scaling on my notification/action center will...
  3. Sleep problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep problem: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop which is turning asleep every 7 or 5 minutes what should i do to stop it turning asleep? this problem is not from factory, maybe someone messed with it, so please what is the solution ? (it stills doing it now)...
  4. Windows 10 sleep problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 sleep problem: I have set my power & sleep on Windows 10 to 1 hour and it is not working. It turns off the screen after a few seconds and it is driving me crazy. How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM

Win10 Will Not Wake From Sleep YET ANOTHER PROBLEM: YET ANOTHER PROBLEM I do NOT want to install windows 10 version 1809 OR 1903 they have way to much bloatware embedded, Why wont my machine wake up from sleep when i set my RAM to its proper XMP speed profile? Aorus X470 Gaming7 Wifi Motherboard 16GB DDR4 Corsair RGB...
  6. sleep mode problems

sleep mode problems: why sleep mode didn't work when I connect external mouse and keyboard even when I force it to sleep, it wakes up again but when I disconnect, it works well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-problems/658ec50b-5c90-4dd6-8ca8-0ca980c5de2d
  7. Problem with my computer going to sleep.

Problem with my computer going to sleep.: After my computer goes to sleep, I wake it by pressing a key. The problem is that it immediately goes back to sleep and I can not wake it up. I have to shut it down. How do I solve this problem? I wonder if the problem was caused by one of several anti virus and a program...
  8. Windows Sleep Problem

Windows Sleep Problem: Despite my power settings for display and computer to "never" go to sleep by itself, Windows keeps going into sleep mode after approximately three minutes of my not touching the keyboard. I have to keep waking the computer back up, waiting for it to generate the home screen...
  9. Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.: windows screen lock and sleep settings are set above 5 min but screen turns off automatically after 30 secs. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-screen-lockout-and-sleep-settings/7cf4f078-136b-4732-8566-7dc6bf167a21
  10. No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sleep 'til the Windows are closed (1809 problem): Despite attempts to prevent it, last week I was upgraded to Win 10 1809.17763.107. It immediately deleted all my "restore" points, reset all my apps to MS defaults, and switched off my "sleep" button. I've reset my apps to my preferences, but can't find any way of...