Windows 10: Sleep setting removed from Windows

Discus and support Sleep setting removed from Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I used to be able to put my computer to sleep but suddenly the setting has been completely removed. What I have already done: I checked the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raonow, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Raonow Win User

Sleep setting removed from Windows

I used to be able to put my computer to sleep but suddenly the setting has been completely removed.

What I have already done:

I checked the power options and it is missing from there as well.

I made sure that showing the sleep option was enabled in the group policy editor.

I changed CsEnabled to 1 in regedit.

I ran powercfg /a and for some reason, it says that the computer doesn't support sleep even though it did a few days ago.

I both rolled back and updated my graphics card, even with a clean driver installation, to no avail.

How do I bring my sleep option back?

:)

Raonow, Jul 16, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 17, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Sleep setting removed from Windows - Similar Threads - Sleep setting removed

2. Remove ads from Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ads from Settings: There needs to be an option to remove the ads for Rewards which isn't rewarding enough and Edge which is missing features I want that are in Firefox and were in IE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-settings/f488f895-e016-4ede-a038-58116e8cd4f9
  3. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen: Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there? I've got a range of Windows...
  4. Set time wake Windows from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set time wake Windows from sleep: Hi, I was searching about a way to set a time o wake my PC from sleep, but only found a bunch of links about creating a new Task with privileges to turn On and open a cmd. Some time in, I found this shell for Ubuntu: https://github.com/bagustris/suspend_until This is...
  5. SLEEP settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP settings: This may be of some help for those experiencing problems with SLEEP settings. While I do not have Microsoft Teams installed, the Update Microsoft Teams App was installed together with other Office 365 Apps. I think that this was when I started having problems with the Sleep...
  6. remove Phone from Settings menu

remove Phone from Settings menu: Is there a way to remove the Phone menu item from Windows settings? I do not own an Android or Windows cell phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-phone-from-settings-menu/fc220f85-ba3e-4e09-9d0b-5ec5eff75218
  7. Sleep setting?

Sleep setting?: I had an issue with my computer turning itself on by itself. In the process of trying to deal with it (it proved to be a defective power supply) in inadvertently removed "sleep" from the choices under "power" and now I cannot seem to restore it. I have done the things I've...
  8. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  9. Remove Items from Windows Control Settings

Remove Items from Windows Control Settings: Is there a way to completely remove a heading from 'Windows Settings'? I want to remove 'Accounts' and 'Personalisation' from visibility but am unable. I have removed all sub settings (e.g. background, lock screen, themes) via GPO (settings page visibility), but once I remove...
  10. Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Sleep after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Sleep after" from Power Options in Windows The sleep. This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Sleep after setting under Sleep in Power Options for all users in Windows 7,...