Windows 10: Sleep setting?

Discus and support Sleep setting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had an issue with my computer turning itself on by itself. In the process of trying to deal with it (it proved to be a defective power supply) in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeanneDaniels, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Sleep setting?

I had an issue with my computer turning itself on by itself. In the process of trying to deal with it (it proved to be a defective power supply) in inadvertently removed "sleep" from the choices under "power" and now I cannot seem to restore it. I have done the things I've found online so far - but can't find the magic to cure the issue. Now that my computer is fixed I again want "sleep" as a choice.

Thank you.

OneTree

:)

JeanneDaniels, Jan 18, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Sleep setting?

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Sleep setting?

1. Sleep setting? - Similar Threads - Sleep setting

2. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...: Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn off first. - Reproduced with same results every time on two different Windows 10 laptops.- Computers had all current updates and had been left on and idle for long enough that there was...
  3. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...: Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn off first. - Reproduced with same results every time on two different Windows 10 laptops.- Computers had all current updates and had been left on and idle for long enough that there was...
  4. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  6. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  7. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....
  8. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....
  9. In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?: I have a Samsung Galaxy Odyssey laptop with Windows 11 and I have the "Screen and Sleep" setting set as balanced, with the "Plugged in, turn screen off" and the "On battery power, turn screen off" both set as 10 minutes. And the "Plugged in, put device to sleep after" and the...
  10. In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?

In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?: I have a Samsung Galaxy Odyssey laptop with Windows 11 and I have the "Screen and Sleep" setting set as balanced, with the "Plugged in, turn screen off" and the "On battery power, turn screen off" both set as 10 minutes. And the "Plugged in, put device to sleep after" and the...