Windows 10: Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min

Discus and support Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear friends, My Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2 minutes although I set it on 15 minutes? I have a password on my PC, does this matter? Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NenadB, Aug 26, 2019.

1. NenadB Win User

Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min

Dear friends,

My Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2 minutes although I set it on 15 minutes?
    I have a password on my PC, does this matter?

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Nenad Bjelanovic

:)

NenadB, Aug 26, 2019

2. Sleep mode in Windows 10

Hello, I have the same problem: it goes to sleep in time from 2 to 3 minutes (no matter what set: 15 or 20 min, whatever). BUT It doesn't go to sleep if my AIMP-player option "Prevent display from powering off" is activated. Unfortunately, it works only
    if AIMP window is active.

SlavaTsimoshchanka, Aug 26, 2019
  3. bhillg Win User
    Sleep mode in Windows 10

I updated to 10 and am having just the opposite problem. I set the sleep mode to start in 15 minutes but instead of sleeping in 15 min, it goes to sleep in 1 min whether I am watching a video or reading a book. I can't find a solution.

bhillg, Aug 26, 2019
  4. WHSGuy636 Win User

Why does my Windows 7 & 10 still take 15 min to go to sleep?

I have 3 machines on a Home network, 2ea Win7, 1ea Win10, when ever I use the sleep button, the machines still take 15 min to go to sleep (this is also the time that is set for inactivity before letting the machine go to sleep)...

I don't want to waste power, and would like the machines to go to sleep, when commanded to, and NOT wait for 15 min, is there a setting I should look at?

WHSGuy636, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Sleep settings are on 15 min but Windows 10 goes to sleep after 2min - Similar Threads - Sleep settings are

2. Windows 11 randomly goes to sleep. Sleep settings info below.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 randomly goes to sleep. Sleep settings info below.....: I have set sleep settings to this : Display : 5 minutesPut the computer to sleep after : 10 minutesSince then, it will randomly apply these settings! I believe the latest update windows kb5033920 may be the cause. Anyone else having this problem? I had also installed a...
  3. Windows 11 randomly goes to sleep. Sleep settings info below.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 randomly goes to sleep. Sleep settings info below.....: I have set sleep settings to this : Display : 5 minutesPut the computer to sleep after : 10 minutesSince then, it will randomly apply these settings! I believe the latest update windows kb5033920 may be the cause. Anyone else having this problem? I had also installed a...
  4. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  5. Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep: I've tried saving custom profiles, enabled ultimate profile and no matter what I do, with or without a reboot, Windows keeps changing monitor sleep from Never to 15 min. I randomly come back to find my monitor off even after a clean install. What's wrong with your OS?...
  6. Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power setting keep reverting back to 15 min monitor sleep: I've tried saving custom profiles, enabled ultimate profile and no matter what I do, with or without a reboot, Windows keeps changing monitor sleep from Never to 15 min. I randomly come back to find my monitor off even after a clean install. What's wrong with your OS?...
  7. PC will not sleep. Screen sleeps at 10 min and pc should at 15 min.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not sleep. Screen sleeps at 10 min and pc should at 15 min.: Win10 x64 ver 2004. A suggestion to run from Cmd powercfg -requests gives an Execution process of MoUsoCoreWorker.exe in HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ Is this the cause? How can this problem be fixed ?- Choosing Sleep from the Start works fine. This happens with no...
  8. windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.

windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep.: windows goes to sleep in about 15 minutes with all settings set to long times or never sleep. Seems to be ignoring the settings and going to sleep after 10 to 15 minutes of no mouse movement or typing. impossible to watch a movie or listen to streaming music which we do...
  9. Windows 10 Sleep settings ignored, goes to sleep after two minutes

Windows 10 Sleep settings ignored, goes to sleep after two minutes: I am having the same problem with Windows 10 workstation at work, as many others I have seen here: No matter what I adjust in power and advanced power settings, the screen turns off and computer goes to sleep, forcing me to log in, after appx 2 minutes. Note I have found...
  10. windows 10 goes to sleep

windows 10 goes to sleep: Have all the settings for power and screen saver to NEVER. Just started recently to go to sleep every 10 minutes. Did this happen with the recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-goes-to-sleep/8a798d07-4d70-42e8-bb9d-b4c4734aa182