Windows 10: sleep settings

Discus and support sleep settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; how do I wake my computer from sleep without having to enter a password. I am using Windows 10. There is nowhere in sleep and power setting to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by edkrauss, Jun 4, 2019.

1. edkrauss Win User

sleep settings

how do I wake my computer from sleep without having to enter a password. I am using Windows 10. There is nowhere in sleep and power setting to change this.

:)

edkrauss, Jun 4, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jun 4, 2019
  4. sleep settings

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

sleep settings

1. sleep settings - Similar Threads - sleep settings

2. Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer set to SLEEP: NEVER, YET IT STILL SLEEPS. PAID ALMOST $100 TO FIX THIS ISSUE, PC...: See "subject" above for my question. I am severely mentally ill and this is making me worse. This error has been going on over a year. The store that "fixed" my computer is now closed and can no longer help me. My computer never went to sleep when plugged in at the computer...
  3. "Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...

"Never sleep" settings in Windows 10 don't work. My Desktop computer goes to sleep...: There are many posts similar to mine and I have read them all. I have followed all suggested tips however they don't fix the problem. Please help. The hours of lost productivity time is driving me CRAZY! Please help!...
  4. WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting: Hi all- The power setting in my WIN10 system will not keep 'no sleep' on both the HD and display regardless of overall setting, ie., Balanced/High Performance etc. It always reverts back to some stock config that I'm trying to remove. I download large bgls for my flight...
  5. Sleep settings

Sleep settings: When I set my laptop on 'never' for going to sleep and turning off for both plugged in and on battery power, it still does occasionally. Can be very annoying, as when I have multiple desktops and turn my laptop on, it can switch to the other desktops, rather than the one I...
  6. Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to have Windows 10 remember the last language setting when PC resumes from sleep or...: I use Windows 10 on Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th gen. (both US versions, keyboard layout is US 101). My default language is set to English, but I also set Japanese as my second language. I use Windows key + space bar to switch between those two languages, and use Alt + ` keys to...
  7. Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to

Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to: I am running Win10 (and have been since I bought this machine back in September), currently up-to-date with the last system & drivers updates on April 2nd (1 week ago) and the last Win Defender definitions update on 4/8 (yesterday, technically). My laptop was working just...
  8. Laptop goes to sleep when lid closed on fullscreen apps, even though the settings say otherwise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop goes to sleep when lid closed on fullscreen apps, even though the settings say otherwise: As mentioned in the title, this only occurs when running fullscreen programs, such as games. I tend to use an external monitor for my laptop, so for space management its better for me to keep the lid closed. The issue is, even though ive set it in settings so that closing the...
  9. Surface 3 set to sleep on battery and plug, but when watching videos will stay on all night.

Surface 3 set to sleep on battery and plug, but when watching videos will stay on all night.: I have my Surface 3 set to sleep after 30 minutes to use when watching videos at night. It does not go to sleep but is still running when I wake up in morning....
  10. Per-monitor sleep settings

Per-monitor sleep settings: I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to...