Windows 10: Sleep/shutdown out of sync

Discus and support Sleep/shutdown out of sync in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set my Dell to turn off - NEVER (obviously until I manually shut down) I have the screen set to turn off after 5 minutes. Lately I notice that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by patriceltic, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Sleep/shutdown out of sync

I have set my Dell to turn off - NEVER (obviously until I manually shut down) I have the screen set to turn off after 5 minutes. Lately I notice that it seems to shut down in spite of this setting. Then when I press the power button to turn it back on, nothing happens. Then I notice the lit keyboard is lit and then the login screen comes up. I log on but I don't think this is the proper sequence of events, is it? Thanks again for any thoughts.

:)

patriceltic, Jan 23, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 23, 2019
  3. Shutdown & Sleep bug

Hello there,

I'm having Dell Inspiron 5547 when it was shipped it came with windows 8.1 64-bit with no issues of SLEEP & SHUTDOWN but when updated to windows 10 my laptop started having issues with SLEEP & SHUTDOWN.

1)When I close the lid or keep the system in sleep mode it never wakes up its need a hard boot or need to have forced shutdown by pressing the power button, still no patch for the bug is available.

2)when the system is shutdown it continues to draw power from the battery and in morning the battery is completely drained.

Have gone through entire suggestion given by Microsoft engineer & community member but had no solution.

Hence contacted Dell support but they told its Microsoft's problem hence contacted them below is the list of tickets so generated with no solution:-

Finally one of the Microsoft executive said it's an issue with the DELL drivers when contacted to DELL they said its an issue of MICROSOFT and they have in written from Microsoft that both issue are because of WINDOWS 10.

I'm feeling like a football who is been kicked from one goalpost to another with no goal scored...

Now what should be the final solution as now I can't rollback to windows 8.1 as I'm way past the grace period for rollback???

ankur_patel, Jan 23, 2019
  4. Sleep/shutdown out of sync

Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu

Hello! I can't get my PC to go to Sleep, or Shutdown using any of the typically proper methods. When I try to shutdown the PC it starts to shutdown, screen goes black and then wakes back up to the login screen.

I have gone through and disabled all of the devices that might other wise prevent this from happening. I have done the following to try and remedy the issue.
    • Check the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
      • This returns a NONE after disabling devices from Device Management
    • Ran powercfg -lastwake
      • Wake History Count - 0
    • Opened my Power Options > Multimedia Settings > When sharing media > Setting: Allow the computer to sleep

I have recently completed a clean windows install. One of the changes that I have noticed was that my BIOS now runs in UEFI mode, not Legacy. I'm not sure that this matters or not, but in my BIOS menu, the Boot Manager only list the Windows Boot Manger, not a list of devices.

Thank you any guidance would be appreciated, I would love to be able to Sleep and Shutdown my computer properly again.

jgilbreath, Jan 23, 2019
Thema:

Sleep/shutdown out of sync

1. Sleep/shutdown out of sync - Similar Threads - Sleep shutdown sync

2. Sleep vs shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep vs shutdown: I just bought a new hard drive that is running Windows 11 Professional. Is it better to shut down the computer at the end of the day use it occasionally throughout the day, or is it better to have it go into sleep mode?Thanks,Carol...
  3. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  4. Sleep changes to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep changes to shutdown: When i put my laptop on sleep and when i try to wake it up after apprximately 30 mins .i saw that the laptop has shut down when it was on sleep...plz fiz it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-changes-to-shutdown/52944a22-93e2-41e6-a143-6c4c01b9ee08
  5. Shutdown or Sleep becomes Log out

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown or Sleep becomes Log out: Often shut down or sleep will result in log out- it is not a big problem but I wonder what is behind this odd behavior? 182140
  6. Shutdown and Sleep Problem

Shutdown and Sleep Problem: I have Windows 10 in my HP Pavilion 15 Laptop. I am not able to shutdown my laptop even not able to put my laptop on sleep mode. Whenever, I shutdown my laptop its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that...
  7. Sleep/shutdown problems

Sleep/shutdown problems: I have been suffering from a wake from sleep/on from shutdown problem for a while now. On all current updated windows 10 20.04, chipset drivers for mobo mobo and processor, current radeon drivers for gpu. All current optional windows drivers have been tried as well. My rig:...
  8. Sleep and Shutdown

Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  9. Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error?

Unclean shutdowns & reboots from sleep. Syncing or power supply error?: My computer keeps shutting down from sleep mode without shutting down. It's connected to a UPS so it's not an outage. It could be the power supply unit (I bought a cheap one after the last one gave out, just to see if the motherboard was wrecked.) I noticed that the shutdown...
  10. Monitor will not sleep on shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor will not sleep on shutdown: Hi, I just changed from DVI to HDMI and now when I shutdown my computer my monitor will not enter sleep mode, and will display 'Cable Not Connected' as shown in the image attached. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. [img] 36724