Windows 10: sleep state is strange

Discus and support sleep state is strange in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi.After recent win10 21H1 updates 2021/10/2~6, my PC sleeps ? in a strange way.1. PC enters sleep state S3 immediately after pushing power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnDoe_h251qh, Oct 6, 2021.

1. sleep state is strange

Hi.After recent win10 21H1 updates 2021/10/2~6, my PC sleeps ? in a strange way.1. PC enters sleep state S3 immediately after pushing power buttonEventData TargetState 4 EffectiveState 4 Reason 0 Flags 1 TransitionsToOn 7 2. PC wakes up automatically from sleep state after 1sec entering sleep state.EventData TargetState 4 EffectiveState 4 WakeFromState 4 ProgrammedWakeTimeAc 1601-01-01T00:00:00.0000000Z ProgrammedWakeTimeDc 1601-01-01T00:00:00.0000000Z WakeRequesterTypeAc 0 WakeRequesterTypeDc 0 3. PC wakes up from sleep once more immediately pushing power b

:)

JohnDoe_h251qh, Oct 6, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Sleep states, how to control

Hi, try a different perspective - but I don't know how useful that may be with a tablet:

From an elevated command prompt:
    powercfg /devicequery wake_armed
    This will list anything presently configured that can wake your device from any sleep state.
    powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any
    This will list anything with the potential to wake your device from any sleep state.

Explore further:
    powercfg /?

dalchina, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 6, 2021
  4. sleep state is strange

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

sleep state is strange

1. sleep state is strange - Similar Threads - sleep state strange

2. Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state: I have a problem with a program which sleeps windows computers. It is working in plenty of them. Now i have acquired a new laptop and i noticed that this system no works anymore. It is in Windows 11 although i think that it is irrelevant at this point.Commands for turning off...
  3. Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep not working in a laptop with only S0 sleep state: I have a problem with a program which sleeps windows computers. It is working in plenty of them. Now i have acquired a new laptop and i noticed that this system no works anymore. It is in Windows 11 although i think that it is irrelevant at this point.Commands for turning off...
  4. Sleep states not available on system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep states not available on system: Hi,My laptop does not enter sleep, instead it enters hibernate. I ran powercfg /a, and got the following:The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected HibernateThe following sleep states are not available on this system:...
  5. Sleep states not available on system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep states not available on system: Hi,My laptop does not enter sleep, instead it enters hibernate. I ran powercfg /a, and got the following:The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected HibernateThe following sleep states are not available on this system:...
  6. Strange sleep/hibernate behaviour.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange sleep/hibernate behaviour.: Hi, I've just bought an HP Zbook Studio G7, and I'm having issues when I try to put the system to sleep using the 'sleep' key on a Logitech MX Keys Bluetooth keyboard. I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004. All drivers are up to date. When I press the sleep key on the...
  7. System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state: There is a issue on my system, my power setting as below. when my system was in sleep state, I found it would be awakened to desktop instead of went into hibernate state after 180 minutes. If I disable the RTC wake support for hibernate,the system could went into hibernate...
  8. Strange Monitor Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange Monitor Sleep Issue: I've been having a strange sleep issue with my monitor on one of my systems. It's currently running 14946 and this problem has been happening since I first installed Windows 10, around the end of may on this new kit. The computer is an Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Skull...
  9. Sleep states, how to control

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep states, how to control: I believe that when Windows enters sleep, it goes from a light sleep state into deeper states. Is it possible to control when it does this, how long it spends in each state? I have a tablet that, after it's gone to sleep, can be woken up by the Windows key any time. I...
  10. Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...

in Windows 10 Support
    Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...: I am finding that occasionally my Windows 10 Pro pc will seem to be aleep, that is, screen blank, no response to keyboard or mouse, or power button. But the fans are going. To get it going I must hold the power button down until it completely shuts it off, and I can then...