Windows 10: sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!

Discus and support sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time the computer goes to "sleep" and I wake it up, the ethernet connection gets changed to "public" instead of "private" so the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeidiAlexander1, Aug 10, 2020.

1. sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!

Every time the computer goes to "sleep" and I wake it up, the ethernet connection gets changed to "public" instead of "private" so the internet connection will not connect. If I run the homegroup trouble shooter, the setting gets changed back to private and the internet will connect. How can I fix this?

:)

HeidiAlexander1, Aug 10, 2020

2. sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!

Every time the computer goes to "sleep" and I wake it up, the ethernet connection gets changed to "public" instead of "private" so the internet connection will not connect. If I run the homegroup trouble shooter, the setting gets changed back to private
    and the internet will connect. How can I fix this?

GaryFerguson, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 10, 2020
  4. sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!

Missing option to switch from public to private network

Hello,

I am facing an issue to activate the connection to my LAN after an update of Windows 10.

The situation is the following:

- the connection options for both ethernet connection and wifi connection do not include anymore the option to switch to a private network.

- this implies that the router cannot see my PC and therefore is not getting an IP address and a gateway

- I have tried already to disable and enable the Ethernet driver,

- uninstall and reinstall the drivers, also using more update ones

- force a hard switch from public to private network through powershell commands

None of these actions are solving the problem.

I have not set a restore point and the "solve" options embedded in Windows 10 do not help (including restoring the connection).

I am still getting the message of non identified network, even if I succeeded in having the network appearing as "private" and not "public" as before.

Still no switch public/private appears in the menu.

What do you suggest?

Thank you

Marco

Marco Baccaglio, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!!

1. sleep switches ethernet connection to public!!! - Similar Threads - sleep switches ethernet

2. How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?: How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-a-change-an-ethernet-connection-ffrom/40af81b9-48a1-40bd-a16e-712ad9897f4a
  3. How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private?: How do a change an ethernet connection ffrom public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-a-change-an-ethernet-connection-ffrom/40af81b9-48a1-40bd-a16e-712ad9897f4a
  4. Switch between two Ethernet connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switch between two Ethernet connections: Hello,I have two ethernet connections, one is set with manual IP, the other one is set with Automatic IP DHCP. However, when I switch from manual to automatic to manual again, I lose the information related to the manual IP. How can I keep the two connections without...
  5. Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection

Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection: Hi,For the past few months, sleep mode has been disabling the ethernet connection on two PCs both connected to the same router through wired ethernet connection. A simple disable/enable on ethernet in the network connections settings page re-enables the connection. Display...
  6. My Internet connection disappeared. Only Ethernet Public Network

My Internet connection disappeared. Only Ethernet Public Network: I've spent days on this problem and even bought a new router. "No Internet access" is all I get. Can anyone give me some ideas of how to fix this?...
  7. No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection

No Private/Public switch for Ethernet connection: Hello, Where is the Public/Private switch has gone for Ethernet connection? I need to switch my ethernet connection from public to private. I have connected two PCs using ethernet cross-over cable Thanks Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.592 [ATTACH]...
  8. Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.

Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.: I am in a suite apartment, and am sharing a single ethernet plug with three others. Luckily we have a Realtek Switch that splits the single port into five. I have run an ethernet cord to the Switch and plugged it in, but I have no internet connection through it. It shows up...
  9. Why is ethernet connection set to "public network" in control panel

Why is ethernet connection set to "public network" in control panel: Windows 10 (home computer). Why is my ethernet connection set to "public network" and not "private network"? I noticed in my firewall settings it say public was connected and not private. Should I be worried and should I make it private? [img] 102129
  10. loosing ethernet connection on sleep

loosing ethernet connection on sleep: Soooo ... I have read a lot of posts on this subject but still not found an answer. I have 4 computers networked together .... two windows 7 units, one linux unit and one windows 10 unit. The problem is with the windows 10 unit. When it goes to sleep, I loose my...