Windows 10: Sleep timer issues windows 10

Discus and support Sleep timer issues windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop has sleep timer 10 minutes on battery and 30 minutes plugged in. The problem is my laptop won't go to sleep automatically when I leave it. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Andrew B Huang, May 13, 2023.

1. Sleep timer issues windows 10

My laptop has sleep timer 10 minutes on battery and 30 minutes plugged in. The problem is my laptop won't go to sleep automatically when I leave it. If I use the sleep option in the shutdown menu everything works just fine. However, when I step away from the machine it doesn't follow my power plan settings. I tried just activating a sleep timer and disabling the display shut off but then it just sits there.

:)

Andrew B Huang, May 13, 2023
  2. David Haz Win User

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, May 13, 2023
  3. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 13, 2023
  4. Renata N' Win User

Sleep timer issues windows 10

Radio sleep timer

Hello ogee67,

Thank you for posting on forum.

Not sure what sleep timer you were talking about.

If you want a STOP Music button for Radio…

There is now such option for FM radio that was introduced with recent update. You can post a suggestion for sleep timer function to be introduced in Wp8 radio, at WP Suggestion box.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

or suggest introducing such function to STOP Music app in app review.

If you would like to wake up with radio instead of alarm clock sound…

Some apps can do it but not with FM radio. Here is an example of such app:

Microsoft Apps

Kind regards,

Renata

Renata N', May 13, 2023
Thema:

Sleep timer issues windows 10

1. Sleep timer issues windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sleep timer issues

2. Sleep timer issue on Lenovo Thinkbook 14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep timer issue on Lenovo Thinkbook 14: My Lenovo Thinkbook 14 IIL 20SL laptop has a problem with the sleep timer when it's charging. It can't sleep automatically when charging, but I already set the sleep timer 30 minutes. However it can sleep normally when I put my laptop to sleep manually using the power menu in...
  3. Sleep timer issue on Lenovo Thinkbook 14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep timer issue on Lenovo Thinkbook 14: My Lenovo Thinkbook 14 IIL 20SL laptop has a problem with the sleep timer when it's charging. It can't sleep automatically when charging, but I already set the sleep timer 30 minutes. However it can sleep normally when I put my laptop to sleep manually using the power menu in...
  4. Sleep timer issues windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep timer issues windows 10: My laptop has sleep timer 10 minutes on battery and 30 minutes plugged in. The problem is my laptop won't go to sleep automatically when I leave it. If I use the sleep option in the shutdown menu everything works just fine. However, when I step away from the machine it...
  5. Sleep timer issues windows 10

Sleep timer issues windows 10: My laptop has sleep timer 10 minutes on battery and 30 minutes plugged in. The problem is my laptop won't go to sleep automatically when I leave it. If I use the sleep option in the shutdown menu everything works just fine. However, when I step away from the machine it...
  6. Windows sleep timer issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sleep timer issues: My laptop can't sleep automatically when plugged in, but I already set the sleep timer on battery 15 minutes and while plugged in 30 minutes. It only can sleep automatically if on battery but it can't sleep automatically while plugged in. I've already set the timer 30 minutes...
  7. Sleep Timer

Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  8. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  9. Sleep Timer

10. Sleep Timer Issues

Sleep Timer Issues: Sometime in the past week or so my pc has been refusing to put itself into sleep mode. I've adjusted every power setting I can think of but it still won't listen to me. If I use the sleep option in the shutdown menu everything works just fine. However, when I step away from...