Windows 10: Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

Discus and support Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The desktop PCs at my work need to be on constantly (I work in security and need the camera feed visible at all times) I keep trying to set the sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuasarsRcool, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

The desktop PCs at my work need to be on constantly (I work in security and need the camera feed visible at all times)

I keep trying to set the sleep timer to either 5 hours or never, but this seldom works and more often randomly resets to 30 minutes. Is there a way to remedy this? I'd rather not have to keep moving the cursor to reset the timer.

submitted by /u/QuasarsRcool
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuasarsRcool, Mar 4, 2021

2. windows 10 sleep timer keeps resetting to 1 minute

Dell alienware. windows 10 up to date.

Power and sleep: sleep: "when plugged in PC goes to sleep after: RESETS TO 1 minute. I've set it to 4 hours. I've set it to Never.

This reset happens regularly when nothing unusual is going on with the computer.

Screen saver is disabled and set to maximum time out.

Disabled sleep in the advanced menu

No unusual software installed. None.

To be clear that problem is NOT that the computer sleeps mysteriously. The problem is that something is changing the "power and sleep" sleep timer to 1 minute. Happens every day or so.

Its a huge problem because I have remote sessions to work open that die when the connection drops.

I've seen similar posts, but there the cause of sleep was mysterious. Here the cause is clearly visible.

joseffrisch, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Sleep timer set at 30 mins - Computer sleeps at 5 mins

Original title: Sleep timer

I have the HP Pavilion Notebook with Windows 10. I have set the Power & Sleep to sleep after 30 minutes, but the computer sleeps after about 5 minutes. I can easily restore the screen my moving the mouse, but it is very annoying to have the computer sleep
    after 5 minutes. Can you help?

MaggieMeetz, Mar 4, 2021
  4. s1lence1 Win User

Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

Screen Sleep Timer resets to 15 minutes

For a few months now the monitor sleep timer on one of my PC's resets to 15 minutes randomly. I always have my monitors set to never sleep because I don't want to miss updates that might appear on the applications that I use.

I am the only user and administrator of this PC, I double check every time I start the PC that it is set to Never sleep and yet for some reason I cannot figure out why it just decides to put my settings back to 15 minutes. Any ideas on this would be greatly
    appreciated.

s1lence1, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

1. Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes - Similar Threads - Sleep timer keeps

2. Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes: There is a very strange issue I am having with Windows. For some reason no matter what I do my sleep timer on my screen gets reset to 15 minutes if I go afk for awhile. I have no idea what causes it but it's infuriating. I don't want my pc to sleep ever unless I tell it to....
  3. Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes: There is a very strange issue I am having with Windows. For some reason no matter what I do my sleep timer on my screen gets reset to 15 minutes if I go afk for awhile. I have no idea what causes it but it's infuriating. I don't want my pc to sleep ever unless I tell it to....
  4. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  5. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  6. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes: After installing update KB5005033 my control panel setting for when the monitor turns off during inactivy keeps resetting to 20 minutes.This is one of the reasons i ususally uninstall Windows update competely, because i don't want some new "feature" or bug added to my already...
  8. Display Sleep Timer Always Reverts to 15 minutes

Display Sleep Timer Always Reverts to 15 minutes: The display sleep timer on my PC resets to 15 minutes after every reboot. I always have my monitors set to never sleep. I am the only user and administrator of this PC, I double check every time I start the PC that it is set to Never sleep and yet for some reason I cannot...
  9. Power Settings timers for sleep keep resetting

Power Settings timers for sleep keep resetting: I seem to have a similar problem, but a little different from a very common power plan issue. I have an AMD Ryzen 3600 on a X570 chipset mobo non Intel CPU. I like to set my power plan to put my PC to sleep after 45 minutes of inactivity. I have modified ALL of the existing...
  10. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...: Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-timer-resets-to-5-minutes-turn/f7bd7559-515a-4bf9-80fd-41e4bae3aa83

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 - sleep timer is set to 30 minutes and cannot be changed