Windows 10: Sleep triggers restart instead

Discus and support Sleep triggers restart instead in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sometimes when putting Windows to sleep it triggers an immediate restart instead, whereby it resets my lockscreen wallpaper for only one login. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by functionOverlord, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Sleep triggers restart instead

Sometimes when putting Windows to sleep it triggers an immediate restart instead, whereby it resets my lockscreen wallpaper for only one login. This happens randomly, sometimes it doesn't happen for a week or longer, other times in consecutive days.

Might not be right approach, but I tried checking C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP which I saw another poster doing, but it doesn't seem obvious to me how to use windbg to find out more without pouring in lots more time.

Any help appreciated!

System Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview

Build 20201.1000

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

:)

functionOverlord, Oct 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with sleep option in Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Sleep triggers restart instead

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Sleep triggers restart instead

1. Sleep triggers restart instead - Similar Threads - Sleep triggers restart

2. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep: It's been doing this since a full system reset in March, and I can't figure out why. When it's allowed to go to sleep, on waking usually by me clicking the mouse, the keyboard lights and backlight on the screen come on, go off, come on, go off, and then I get the splash...
  3. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep: It's been doing this since a full system reset in March, and I can't figure out why. When it's allowed to go to sleep, on waking usually by me clicking the mouse, the keyboard lights and backlight on the screen come on, go off, come on, go off, and then I get the splash...
  4. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Acer One 14 Z1-471 laptop. After a week or so it stopped going to sleep after being idle, instead it restarts every time. I'm sceptic of a thing that I updated drivers from a 3rd party app but I don't know if it's the cause or not. It...
  5. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my Acer One 14 Z1-471 laptop. After a week or so it stopped going to sleep after being idle, instead it restarts every time. I'm sceptic of a thing that I updated drivers from a 3rd party app but I don't know if it's the cause or not. It...
  6. Laptop restarts instead of sleep after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  8. Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode: For about 2 days now whenever I try to put my pc into sleep mode every other time it restarts instead and ends up on the blue screen of death with the system service exception error. Sometimes it will restart saying its repairing my disk drive which is weird because Ive done...
  9. Windows 10 Restarts Instead of Sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts Instead of Sleeps: Hi All, I recently built a new PC. I'm running a X570 Aorus Master latest bios with a Ryzen 5800X. I noticed after a clean install of Windows 10 Education the Sleep feature no longer works - instead my computer immediately reboots. A few things I've tried: -Disabling...
  10. Restarts instead of sleeping or shutting down (network adapter)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restarts instead of sleeping or shutting down (network adapter): So I got a wireless network adapter, the Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Installed it, it works great. But, I soon found that every time I hit shut down or sleep, the computer will do so and then promptly restart. Clean boot didn't help. I've been all around the web trying fixes. Thing...