Windows 10: sleep wake up with no password

Discus and support sleep wake up with no password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flashgaz, May 15, 2018.

1. flashgaz Win User

sleep wake up with no password

hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password.
    im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem then use "netplwiz" to set up no password but you still have to press a key to enter windows any suggestions plz.

:)

flashgaz, May 15, 2018

2. DISABLE Windows Password on Hibernate BUT Keep it ON for Wake-up from Sleep

I use the BIOS password instead of Windows Password. But when the PC wakes up from sleep, BIOS password doesn't come into picture.

But if I enable Windows password on "Wake up from Sleep", It enables on Hibernate too (Which I know is a form of sleep).

But I don't want that option. Is there some way to separate the authentication between Sleep and Hibernate?

Or some other work around to this?

ShishirTanwar, May 15, 2018
  3. Computer wake-up from sleep mode frequently

Hello Karen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From your description, it's not sure what making your device to wake up automatically from sleep. Let us find the devices that are configured to wake up your PC from sleep and which is the device that made your PC to wake from
    sleep lastly.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configured to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and
      execute second command now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to prevent that particular device to wake
      your PC from sleep.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 15, 2018
Thema:

sleep wake up with no password

1. sleep wake up with no password - Similar Threads - sleep wake password

2. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  3. Wakes up and then sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wakes up and then sleeps: I open the lid of my surface, the screen lights up but doesn’t give the option of a password. It goes back to sleep after about 8 seconds. Neither the touchscreen nor any of the keys work....
  4. **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**: Hello Microsoft Team,I am having some kind of issue related to passwords. My Computer does not ask for password when I turn it on. But after waking it from sleep it ask's for password, I want to disable that password after waking it from sleep. How can I do that?...
  5. wake up from sleep?

wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  6. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  7. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  8. Sleep and Wake up

Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  9. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  10. Sleep: Keeps waking up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep: Keeps waking up!: Hi Folks, Since I upgraded to 10 I have had constant issues. Mainly when I put the machine to sleep it wakes itself up automatically. I have banned all deviced from allowing it to wake, removed it from any workgroups and a million other fixes I have seen online. Yet I...