Windows 10: Sleep/Wake via Task Manager

Discus and support Sleep/Wake via Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a bat file(s) set up for Sleep and Wake via the Task Manager in W7 and W8 and now W10. I have Task Manger execute the Sleep bat file ever night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Ken429 Win User

Sleep/Wake via Task Manager

I have a bat file(s) set up for Sleep and Wake via the Task Manager in W7 and W8 and now W10. I have Task Manger execute the Sleep bat file ever night at 10PM. I have tried "runddl32.exe powrprof.dll,suspendstate", "runddl32.exe powrprof.dll,suspendstate 0,1,0", "C:Windows\System32\runddl32.exe powrprof.dll,suspendstate", etc. and they all put the system to sleep. I also tried the psshutdown.exe method. I did have to turn off Hibernation so that the system would sleep instead of Hibernate - power light would blink on the ASRock MB.

However, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to Wake the system via the Task Manager if it were put to sleep via one of the above bat files. The system will Wake if I move the mouse AND the system will Wake automatically via the Task Manager if I put the system to sleep manually via the Power/Sleep button.

Any ideas on what magic I need to exercise to get W10 Task Manager to behave like it did in W7 or W8 would be appreciated!

:)

Ken429, Nov 13, 2016
  2. snowpixel Win User

Sleep Issues - Windows 10

Asus NJ550V notebook

upgraded from windows 8 to 10

here we go

when trying to sleep the computer wakes up instantly, whether i use the power button, sleep button or close the lid.

This did not happen to me in windows 8. Its almost as if it restarts as the load time from a wake feels too long, could be wrong though.

Things i have tried:

checked and changed settings in power options

checked power management settings in device manager, adapter and media settings and so on

checked for driver updates

checked for latest bios

checked task scheduler and no tasks are set to wake the computer

ran powercfg commands in cmd. no wake timers set and last wake displays nothing

checked for malware

checked registry

enabled/disabled fast boot - bios

enabled/disabled wake on lid open - bios

help!!!!!!

cheers in advanced

laptop is touch screen but had to disable at it has a crack

UPDATE***

my laptop is actually just restarting and not going to sleep at all

snowpixel, Nov 13, 2016
  3. joaquim m Win User
    Anyone know a batch/script/program/exe that can put Windows 10 to sleep?

Can someone explain how to creat a task to wake him up,...

I follow the steps and create a task to wake up but it still doesn`t works,...

Bat file to sleep :

@echo off

psshutdown -d -t 0

exit

ok it goes to sleep

bat file to wake up from task

@echo off

hi

exit

Nothing happen onle when I click a key the computer wakes up.

thank you

joaquim m, Nov 13, 2016
Thema:

Sleep/Wake via Task Manager

1. Sleep/Wake via Task Manager - Similar Threads - Sleep Wake via

2. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  3. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  4. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intel Management Engine Interface No Wake From Sleep SOLVED

Intel Management Engine Interface No Wake From Sleep SOLVED: No clue if this is an old problem that has already been fixed but i can only share my experience Keep in mind I'm a mac user so some of this may or may not be par for the course I was asked by my uncle to fix his laptop, he bought an old 2012 ASUS Q500A off ebay without a...
  6. Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler

Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler: I have a problem with my laptop's battery, so I need help to create a task in Task Scheduler tosleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery powerAND the battery is below 96%. I also want this task to run every time the system starts. Using the advanced power setting...
  7. Sleep And Wake

Sleep And Wake: My pc doesn't stay sleep and it wakes up its own. Sometimes it restarts from the sleep mode as well. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-wake/6d1abc92-a73e-46d9-930e-16f93b8d5e12
  8. Sleep/wake

Sleep/wake: What's the difference between "Sleep" and "Hibernate" when not using the computer? I used to be set up so that when returning to the computer after a period of non-use, all I had to do was move the mouse N-S on my desk and the computer would "wake up." All of a sudden, with...
  9. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480