Windows 10: Sleep Wakes to Sign in

Discus and support Sleep Wakes to Sign in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by csmdew, Aug 4, 2020.

1. csmdew Win User

Sleep Wakes to Sign in

My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help.

:)

csmdew, Aug 4, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

Logon screen keeps on appearing after waking up the computer from sleep - Windows 10

Hi,

This is actually the first thing we tried. The computer comes up with a message saying:

"Authentication is required when this PC wakes from sleep. To change this go to setttings and search for Power and Sleep."

The dropdown box underneath is greyed out, and inactive.

Going to Power and Sleep leads to your first suggestion, which is a dead end.

Regards, Stewart

StewartPeppiatt, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Sleep Wakes to Sign in

1. Sleep Wakes to Sign in - Similar Threads - Sleep Wakes Sign

2. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  3. any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?: I recently installed the 2004 version of Windows 10 and none of the old ways to disable sign in from wake are available. This is on an HP laptop. Can anyone help? Thanks. submitted by /u/whatgoodisthat [link] [comments]...
  4. Sleep And Wake

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep And Wake: My pc doesn't stay sleep and it wakes up its own. Sometimes it restarts from the sleep mode as well. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-wake/6d1abc92-a73e-46d9-930e-16f93b8d5e12
  5. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  6. Sleep/wake

Sleep/wake: What's the difference between "Sleep" and "Hibernate" when not using the computer? I used to be set up so that when returning to the computer after a period of non-use, all I had to do was move the mouse N-S on my desk and the computer would "wake up." All of a sudden, with...
  7. wake/sleep function

wake/sleep function: since your latest updates wake/sleep function wont work. my pc hp desktop 2 years old was ok before. HP tech spent hours trying to sort it .but no joy. both the tabs are ticked in device manager for mouse and keyboard. It will sleep using function and f10, but cant wake it....
  8. Sleep and Wake up

Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  9. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...