Windows 10: Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler

Discus and support Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a problem with my laptop's battery, so I need help to create a task in Task Scheduler tosleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by - Christoffel -, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler

I have a problem with my laptop's battery, so I need help to create a task in Task Scheduler tosleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery powerAND the battery is below 96%. I also want this task to run every time the system starts.

Using the advanced power setting by setting the low battery lvl to 99 doesn't work.

*Currently I'm using an app that does this, but I'm a little concerned about the High Startup impact, so using task scheduler is better I guess?.

Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler 08818518-6149-4b17-96fe-ad74bbaf83fd?upload=true.jpg

:)

- Christoffel -, Apr 24, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler

1. Sleep when the laptop is on battery power via Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Sleep laptop battery

2. Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked: Recently had to do a fresh install of windows 11 and forgot to save instructions to re-do a task scheduler task which puts the PC to sleep when locked with Win + L or similar. Can anyone help me out with step by step instructions on how to add this back? Regards...
  3. Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler: PC sleeps when locked: Recently had to do a fresh install of windows 11 and forgot to save instructions to re-do a task scheduler task which puts the PC to sleep when locked with Win + L or similar. Can anyone help me out with step by step instructions on how to add this back? Regards...
  4. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  5. Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wake Timers and Task Schedules do not trigger in S0 Power State or when on Battery: After many hours of testing with a Dell Latitude Laptop 5520 I have isolated a number of issues and not sure if these can be resolved in the OS.1 Task Schedules and Wake Timers fail to trigger from the Modern Standby S0 power sate.2 My device has no support for S1-S3. I...
  6. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?: Since Microsoft Doesn't provide us with auto dark and light theme. I'd show you how to schedule dark & light mode. It has to be done via Task Scheduler only. Open Start menu, then goto All Apps > Windows Administrative Tool > Computer Management Go to task scheduler...
  7. Issues with task scheduler running on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with task scheduler running on battery: Hi all, I've been having trouble getting task scheduler to run a program (throttlestop for CPU undervolt) reliably on boot. It runs on AC but never on battery. My trigger is log on of any user. I've also tried on startup. As for config; its set up to run whether the user is...
  8. Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a task in Task Scheduler only when the computer is on battery power.: I want Task Scheduler to run a task when on battery because my antivirus consumes a lot of battery, and if possible it would be nice it could do the opposite. It would reopen the antivirus with Task Scheduler when connected to AC....
  9. How to automatically sleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery power battery...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to automatically sleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery power battery...: I have a problem with my laptop's battery, so I need help to create a task in Task Scheduler tosleep when the laptop is switched/running on battery powerAND the battery is below 96%. I also want this task to run every time the system starts. Using the advanced power setting...
  10. Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduled Tasks in sleep mode: I often have my computer in sleep mode during the day and usually off at night while I'm sleeping. I've noticed that during the day when I'm out and have left the computer in sleep mode, it has done a Windows update. I'm wondering if the computer can also complete scheduled...