Windows 10: Sleep while PC power is cut off?

Discus and support Sleep while PC power is cut off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this was a routine method for me: When going to sleep, I put my PC to sleep too and after waiting a few minutes turned off power switch on the back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirMephistoPheles1, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Sleep while PC power is cut off?

So this was a routine method for me: When going to sleep, I put my PC to sleep too and after waiting a few minutes turned off power switch on the back of my PC so my cat couldn't wake the PC etc.

In the morning when turning it in back on and pressing a button on my keyboard the system would continue where I left it off last night. Since windows version 20H2 this won't work anymore. When I do this, my PC won't continue in the morning but rather boot up fresh as if it was powered down previous night.

Can I bring back the sleep while power is cut off feature or what was it in the first place?

Thank you in advance for the reply.

submitted by /u/SirMephistoPheles1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SirMephistoPheles1, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

My PC was shutdown suddenly by power cut off so now it had some errors

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows and optional updates?

• Have you updated all the Drivers?

• What is that exact error message?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option
      on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Power
      troubleshooter.

Step 2: Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 14, 2021
  4. pcunite Win User

Sleep while PC power is cut off?

How to wake a computer out of Sleep mode when AC power is restored?

I found a solution.

The four steps below will cause the PC to enter sleep mode when the UPS switches to battery. When AC power is restored, the PC will resume from Sleep. Also, should the PC's power get cut (while in Sleep mode), when power is restored, the BIOS setting ensures
    it will power back on.

Step 1:

Make sure your BIOS is set to always turn the system on, should the power ever get cut. Look for "Restore Power After AC loss", or similarly named setting, and set this to On.

Step 2:

Configure the Windows power option to put the computer to sleep after X minutes. Set
    Control Panel / Power Options / Put the computer to sleep: 5 minutes.

Step 3:

Change the advanced power options to also put the computer to sleep for Critical and Low battery states.

Step 4:

Under Device Manger, right click on HID UPS Battery and then under the
    Power Management
    tab check Allow this device to wake the computer.

pcunite, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Sleep while PC power is cut off?

1. Sleep while PC power is cut off? - Similar Threads - Sleep while power

2. Power cut off while updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power cut off while updating: Hello, just 20 minutes ago I was updating windows 11 to 22621.1702 build and when it was 70-80% the power cut off so after the power got on I turned on the PC as it started updating from 33% and finished the update in less than 1 minute and everything seems fine, what can I...
  3. Power cut off while updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power cut off while updating: Hello, just 20 minutes ago I was updating windows 11 to 22621.1702 build and when it was 70-80% the power cut off so after the power got on I turned on the PC as it started updating from 33% and finished the update in less than 1 minute and everything seems fine, what can I...
  4. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  5. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  6. Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41 PC cutting off: I've been having intermittent issues with Kernel-power 41 events. The PC will just hard cutoff. It seemed for a while I could reproduce the issue to running my plex server and playing movies from my external harddrive. Doing this reproduce the issue within minutes. I...
  7. sleep and power on /off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep and power on /off: Laptop shutdown takes lot of time and also to wake from the sleep mode.This happens due to the recent update in windows 10. I wish to get a nice response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-power-on-off/fa1e0d3e-6170-41c2-8d42-247297d66daa
  8. PC Power off/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Power off/sleep: Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-power-offsleep/85539172-e49a-47f8-bb69-19fee5d1aae2
  9. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083
  10. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...